Sign in to follow this  
OMillerJr

Coming soon to a download near you ...

Personally, I don't like it. It seems that there are not enough sides on the fuselage and there are way too many on the jet engines. It kills framerates almost as mush as the POSKY planes. At least thats my experience.Pete

Guest Skedflyer

Very nice paint job Mark :) , And lets thx Rick too. :-badteeth Great job the both of you!!

I guess we all get pretty demanding with so much wonderful stuff about ... this week has been like Christmas in the library. There are some refinements I'd like to see made to the aircraft which Rick may or may not wish to undertake ... that'll be up to him ... but don't knock the 'plane until you've had a good walk around inside! She's a beauty, and the VC is fully dynamic. The cabin has everything but Newsweek and coffee.Remember this is freeware ... anyway, I'll be holding on this livery until she's had a second coat of paint, Rick has moved house and we discuss what brand of coffee to serve.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Since MS droped the ball on the Lear, I'm happy to see this being released and it looks great!!! Hope to get it soon and much thanks goes out to whoever had the idea to do some justice to the Lear. You guys have went above and beyond what you could have done, you could have just created the aircraft but no you all went and completed the inside as well. Now I'm hopeing for a Gulfstream and a CitationX. You all should do the default livery just to ##### Microsoft off. Great work..Thanks Guys,Leo--

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Is the lear available at all. I see you have the Cathay coming soon. Just wondering if it out there anywhere?Andrew

I'm glad to see another lear to. I like the cabin entrance but I don't feel the walk through the passenger area is necessary at all. Also, the windows are not round enough. More importantly, its ashame that the many model makers are going for extreme detail rather than extreme realism. By that I mean too much detail brings crappier frame rates. Especially when you want to increase the realism by adding gates, installing real flight planes etc. Sure I want the planes I fly to look nice. But there is no need for some details. For example 3D fan blades or interior cabines on the larger aircraft. Who ever the modelers are at MS that built the models for 2k2, they got it exactly right. Right on the money. Just the right amount of detail and just the right amount of polygons.Pete

There's a lot in what you say, Pete. People knock the default planes but hey, guys, have you tried one recently (if ever)? You may be surprised. I am probably typical of many in that I have downloaded most good stuff available to modern day man (and woman, sorry, Heather) and now I don't even know what's slowing FS2002 down anymore. I flew tonight on a delightful trip to a certain downloaded airport (magnificent but heavy, man, heavy) in a certain downloaded aircraft (magnificent but heavy, man, heavy). To my disappointment, frame rates dropped to 3-4 on arrival, completely stuffing my hope of a silky smooth touchdown. I run a P4, 1.8GHZ, 512MB RAM, GeForce 2 MX.I'm thinking of a clean install on my 2-year old's computer and a flight in a default 172 ... oh, to dream....Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Guest Lobaeux4

Beautiful paintjob mark. Wondering, since Cathay Virtual and British Airways Virtual are shortly to become codeshare partners, could I entice you with painting up a BA trainer? Would love to have a small instrument trainer to beat up the pattern with in BA colours.Thanks,LobaeuxBAW461Can't wait for the codeshare agreement to go through, looking forward to the Asian routes.

LobaeuxThanks for the generous words ... she needs some refinement yet. I'm a bit of a stickler for factual repaints myself; do BA use Learjets for training, do you know? However, being a Brit, I might just bend the rules on this one as she would look nice in BA colours ... but let's do a little research first, just in case there's a Citation or something lurking in Heathrow that we don't know about ...Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Guest eko

Mark, the Al Whitney airfile is just a real pleasure to fly. It's the only reason I fly the Lear 45 at all. As soon as the GMAX Lear came out, first thing I did was to put Al Whitney's flight dynamics in it. :-)Now, if we can just get reflective texturing on this new Lear, I'll be a happy camper.

Guest Lobaeux4

I went through the BA recruitment page. For new pilot training it says they're almost all done in the simulators at Cranebank, except for inital flight training. Those are done at a flight school in the UK and one in the U.S. However, I thought it might be nice having a lear to do instrument procedure training, without having to lug around the big iron, also be able to fly into smaller fields as well. I know that BA probably doesn't use lears, and if they do, it's probably just in an executive-carrying role. But, it'd be great to be able to use one just to practise around in.Hope you'll considering painting this up, as I have no talent in painting myself.Thanks,LobaeuxJoe GatesBAW461