Sign in to follow this  
barryward12345

OSHKOSH

Hi All,Just a second confirm that DONMO is right about the settings for the OSKOSH scenery from MS.Normally by a new and fresh installation of FS2002,it creates a Scenery and Texture directory under Addon scenery.Automatic installing of the OSKOSH scenery put the BGLs and Textures by default in this 2 directorys.WHY???MS did a bad job in this .exefile!!!!If you do nothing about it you wil NOT see all the details of the OSKOSH scenery!!!!After you had the OSKOSH scenery installed you MUST make a new directory either under ADDONS or Scenery,called i.e.OSHKOSH.Then make 2 subdirs in the DIR. of OSHKOSH Scenery.Then MOVE the BGLs from the scenery under ADDONS to the scenery subdir under the newly created directory of OSHKOSH.Do the same with the allmost 800 textures........Now just go in the FS2002 menu library and activate the OSHKOSH scenery.Thats all there is and you will have it ALL on your screen...Have fun its a great piece of work...Geert BurgstraThe Netherlands.

You just have to make a folder called Oshkosh and move those two generated folders (scenery and texture into that newly made folder. Then install in the library. I don't see why they did it this way.Don

Hi Don,Because sometimes scenery makers ask you to put their files in the default Scenery/Texture of ADDON dir.Thatswhy you better can separate then mixtup things ,dont you agree??But who am I anyway??Still nice regardsGeert

As in reply #3, I did nothing special. No file moves whatsover. Just a few yes clicks & self install. Took probably less than a minute, considering I was in a hurry to go to work. All planes, tents, buildings, tower, night lights are present.L.Adamson

Guest wkzzo

I think uwe is right ,if you previously had added sceneries to the addon folder and had activated it through the scenery library you would automatically have the oskosh scenery show up. But if you have not yet activated this folder then you will have to do it through the scenery library like every other scenery install. I just made an oskosh folder then moved the scenery folder and the texture folder to the oskosh folder then activated it and it works fine.

I have to agree with my fellow simmers who have had problems installing this add-on. Most of us who visit this site are fairly experienced simmers and if we do lots of d/loads we get used to delving into the mysteries of the .cfg, ADD-ON SCENERY, Aircraft and other files, often tweaking to such a degree that we finish up ruining everything and carrying out a re-install:-fume I really feel sorry for the more casual user who will done this d/l from MS thinking surely that site will have a straightforward d/l:-lol Having said that, it is a good d/l when you eventually get it showing up.....my initial experience was exactly like Francoise's.I would suggest that my signature is one that MS would do well to observe!

Guest Stardog

Why does some need to be added through the library and some you can just dump in the Add-onScenery folder and it all shows up, like Don's Alaskan Terrain? I didn't have to mess with the library to get that to show up at all. Is it just better to do this one this way to keep it all separate since there is so many files or could you dump the whole thing in the add-on folder and it would show up?Im a FS2002 newbie so don't make the answer hrut too bad :)

If you had nothing in the addon scenery folder, it probably would not show. I can only go by my set up. I have nothing (except this) installed in FS. All mine are on the outside. That's why I made a folder for it and added the folder to the library.Don

I thought the ADDON Scenery folder was checked by default? I could be wrong but it has been so long since I have reinstalled. :)

I don't have any idea. maybe so. I just posted how I did it after I saw post of "no shows". There are probably a few ways to this as there always is. I just like to know what is in a folder, so I make individual ones. I can add to it as I need.Don

>I thought the ADDON Scenery folder was checked by default? I >could be wrong but it has been so long since I have >reinstalled. :) The ADDON scenery folder IS checked by default. The installation SETUP.EXE that I downloaded from Microsoft dumped all the bgl files into this folder (plus, I think , some texture files into the associated texture folder and everything worked easily and perfectly.