Sign in to follow this  

172 airfile

Thanks alot that alot better that the default file. I can do takeoff properly now.Thanx,Pluto1168(kelvin)P.S.That's what i call quick reply

Guest Iain Spowart

Just when you think it's all over, here comes Part 2!Iain Spowart,Scotland.

Thanks Larry. Wish everything was that easy. Now could you send me some winning lottery tickets?Thanks in advanceDavid

Guest Lindy

.... but I just took a short pleasant hop around one of the Hawaiian Islands from a really well done 3rd party Kona airport (sorry, I don't remember the developer's name but he did good! :-) ) that I had just installed, and found the default 172 to have a pretty darn good flight model. Or possibly it was just my superior piloting skills! :-erks :-laugh1 So I guess I'll stick with the default 172 for right now at least. Once airborne, I switched over to the virtual cockpit ........ very nice indeed. I finished the entire flight in the VC and even managed a squeaker of a landing. Strangely though, I taxiied over to the terminal and despite the fact I parked a sufficient distance from the building, after I shut down (and the plane was sitting totally still), I got a "building crash" message across my screen with suitable sound effects! What's up with that???? There must have been a "ghost" default building left there that I couldn't see. :-lol This pains me to say it, but "good job, Microsoft." *cough.. cough.. gag...* :-lol -Lindy :-spacecraft

I really didn't have that bad a time with the default's myself. They just require some up trim before takeoff because the sim defaults to nose down which gets some simmers sticking to the runway! :) But then most any "pilot" trims before takeoff anyway! At least they are flyable & get from point A to B without major problems. The exception would be the Lear......... if it still has the original FS2K file which was highly pitch sensitive.The new files do help with items such as dampening motions. You might notice that the wings seem a bit like running through wet cement when rolling & releasing stick pressures. There are some good ones for the Baron & Caravan also.And that Kona scenery is done by Bill Melichar. And a good job at that! I took a Cadillac convertible made for FS2002 & drove it through the parking lot & then up the coast to the hotels about 30 minutes away. Flew a 3rd party P-51 Mustang back in about a minute & a half!! Lindy---- if you remember that Waco Bi-plane pic on the garage wall pics, that Sheri & I flew in............. that was in Kona.L.Adamson

Guest Lindy

Thanks, Larry..... yes, it is Bill's scenery. And I think he has a couple more too that I plan to grab. You drove a car in FS2002?!!!!! How did you do that? (and don't say 'I just got behind the wheel.' :-lol ) When I pulled up to the terminal with the 172, I was wishing I had wheels to drive around in. *grin* -Lindy :-spacecraft

Lindy,It's a 1949 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible. The "L" key makes the top go up & down. I can't remember where I got this car, & don't see any documentation on it. Had even forgot I had it until "General Motors" showed up on my airplane list...L.Adamson

Larry ,Ian:If you have the time could you email me the 172 Ron

Hello:Please send my a copy of the file as well.Thank you in advancefsalem@go.com.jo

Guest Iain Spowart

hassata,File has been sent :-)Larry,Thanks for taking over for the night shift :-waveLindy,It's worth giving Ron's air-file a shot. I've only ever jumped out of a 172 and even I can tell the difference!Iain Spowart,Scotland.Webmaster and photographer,Scottish Claymores 2002Cheerleaders Fan Sitehttp://www.claymorescheerleaders.com/media/avsim/2002-s.jpghttp://ClaymoresCheerleaders.com

Guest Lindy

I'll bet you got it when you downloaded some bush scenery. I was looking through the Library last night, specifically through the bush flying sceneries and remember seeing a file whose description included mention of a Caddie.I'll admit too that the sceneries that I've installed so far (all two of them! :-lol ) are wonderful. I had a lovely early morning spin around Bear's Outpost up in Canada using the default Caravan. Unfortunately, I also discovered I need to tone down some of my Options (darn it) or risk a slide show. :-erks But the area was still spectacular. But (and isn't there always a 'but') the installation procedure for scenery is a bit confusing ........ not that it's difficult -- you add the desired area to the database through the FS02 program itself. But where do all the files go? If I don't like a newly installed scenery, how do I get rid of it? Just go into the Scenery Library and remove it from there? I hope it's that simple, cause I'd NEVER find all the files.And don't get me started about the installation procedure for airplanes! I know it's all old hat to just about everyone else here and I'm sure I'll get used to it. As long as the installation instructions are good, I'll be okay. ;-) -Lindy :-spacecraft