Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mirage

FS2002 flight planner and ATC

Guest Mirage

Guys, I have a question for you. Until now, I was using the FMC of the PSS 747 panel to create my flight plans, which is far more realistic than FS2002`s flight planner. But, as the ATC doesnt recognize it, I am now creating it there, save it and load it through the 747 FMC. However, I cant change the altitute and speed of a specific waypoint. I can do it later with the help of the FMC, but then the ATC just recognizes the cruising altitute of the basic flight planner, so it keeps asking you to climb at that altitute no matter if your planned waypoint altitute is different. How can I then change the altitute and speed of a specific waypoint via the basic flight planner? Any help would be appreciatedThanks,Andy

I don't believe you can change the plan once it is read into fs2002. The *.pln in your fs2002flightsmyflts folder can be opened with a text editor. You can edit the plan but it will not update the plan that was already loaded. It only has one line for cruise altitude in any case.

Guest Mirage

So, in the FS2002 flight planner, I cannot put specific altitutes and speeds to various waypoints? Just one cruising altitute for all of them?Andy

Andy,why don't you just set up a plan with the default planner (for ATC) and ebter exactly the same route in your FMC with constraints.Enter it ,don't load it from the flight planner

Guest Mirage

Yes, but if I do that, I wont have any ATC support for my flight plan. It will recognize my IFR plan as VFR.Andy

Guest Niels_C

Hi there,AFAIK, MSFS flightplanning does not support "advanced planning" likein FMC's or FCU's.Before I got any a/c with FMC/FCU I used (if memory serves;) FSNav,a very nice shareware thingy with great flightplanning, whichincludes climbout and descent planning like in the real world.It learned me to live without the crude IFR support in MSFS.I'd go for FMC/FCU planning, even if it means no ATC as such.Fly safe,-Niels Christiansen

Guest Mirage

Thank all of you guys, who bothered to answer. Andy