Sign in to follow this  
NJ_Flyer

DEMO?

G'Day everyone.Im just woundering if there is a demo available for this aircraft? I have no intention of buying it without some sort of demo because Ive seen a lot of mixed results from other users and it seems to be a bit stupid to buy an addon that is on the expensive end of the line without knowing how it will preform on my computer.I dont mean to sound bad or anything. But is it at all possible?ThanksRyan

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Guest Fluxuated

What kind of Mixed results? One guy says it's Fantastic, while anotehr says AWESOME? Probably the only types of mixed results you'll see from this baby. She's a BEAUT! Best Payware Aircraft IMO.

Ive been following this aircraft since it was first released. When it was first released there were huge problems and many unhappy customers. I dont want to be one of them. Thats all. Spend all the money on an addon that may not work on my machine. Does that seem so stupid to you does it?Thanks.Ryan

Cheers,
Ryan

Guest LLgaz

Doesn't sound stupid at all....especially since PMDG has categorically stated on their website that there will be NO refunds.But, I can tell you that in my opinion, there will be no NEED for a refund. However, post your specs and you will be helped.

Thanks guys. My system is:AMD Athlon 2000XP (1.67Ghz)512 DDR RAM80GB HD 7500rpmGeForce 2 MX400 64MBInterigated sound card on the motherboardThanks.Ryan

Cheers,
Ryan

hi,Your system looks good except for the video card. I think there is someone out there running it with a Geforce 2 but their name escapes my mind right now. If you don't fly with the VC and cabin I think you'll get decent performance with the 737. It is a great bird. Andrew

Ryan-You might get a more accurate reply from someone who actually owns similar hardware...Here are a few thoughts that might help you:1) I was running this version on a 2.4Ghz machine with 512DDR and a GeForceIII and found the performance with FS9 to acceptable- but not something I'd stand up and cheer about...2) In FS2002 the performance was quite a bit better.Based on what I know of our airplane- I think you can certainly run the airplane- but you will have a heck of a time getting good solid performance out of it unless you dial down ALL of the scenery options in FS.... (And that is never fun!)If I were to make a recommendation to you, I would say do one of two things:1) Hold off until you see if there are any similar machines to yours running the SU2 airplane well... (Ask here in the forum in a few days- someone is sure to pop up and answer!)2) Hold off until you have a bit stronger machine.....Sorry I don't have better news for you than this- but I wouldn't want to to buy our software and find it unusuable..

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest Mark McG

Ryan,My system is as follows:AMD Athlon XP2000.1GB PC2100 RAMNVIDIA FX5200 128MB Graphics CardOnboard Sound and Sounblaster 5.1 Live - I use this setup to allow me to fly on Vatsim and channel the sound to my voice headset seperately.Now my results with SU1.I consistently get 20FPS with FPS locked at 20. I don't use the VC.I don't have all the sliders turned down. The product runs smooth on my machine.From what I have read of SU2, it should be even easier on the Frame Rates because of some changes the guys made.Hope this helps.

Thanks for all the replies guys. Im running FS2002PRO with Windows XP PRO (forgot to say that). I have ALL scenery sliders about 50% (normal) and have frame rates locked at 18. On final for runway 23 at Adelaide Intl YPAD with Steven Royals airport and city scenery. I get about 7fps flying next to the city and as low as 5fps on short final (unflyable in my opinon). I want to get a new graphics card but I dont have that much to spend (Preferably no more than $300AUS). The thing Im worried about is that the graphics card may not even help a bit? I wouldnt have a clue what sort of card to get and how much it would help. I would expect 15fps (on short final) but if it gives me 6 instead of 5... thats just a waste of money. Please correct anything Ive said that is wrong.Thanks.Ryan

Cheers,
Ryan

From one Ryan to another:Get an ATI Radeon 9600XT - I'm not sure what the difference in exchance rate is, but I've seen them as low as US$170 online - it's a great card and will definitely be a massive improvement over that ancient GF2.I wouldn't worry about the quality of the plane at this point - just look at the forum, hard to find a negative post about it now that people are actually getting the download! Believe me, as someone who bought the first version, I wouldn't have signed off on the release of SU2 if I didn't think it was ready for prime-time!Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks Ryan... (feels strange to write your own name, lol)Ill see what I can do after xmas. Its a bit hot at the moment since I just brought my first car and having to pay for all the stuff that goes with it.Thanks to everyone who has replied to my original post. You have helped me out quite a bit believe it or not.Cheers,Ryan

Cheers,
Ryan

Guest MarkC

Hi Ryan,I have a system thats pretty similiar to yours: Athlon 1900XP, 512DDR, GeForce III TI200 w/64mb. I also am currently only using FS2K Pro (waiting till i upgrade my system early next year before jumping to ACOF). With SU1 I have pretty decent framerates, better than the DF 737 but slightly worse than PIC. I do get slow downs in complex scenery like simflyers but nothing thats unflyable. The only time I really have issues is when on VATSIM during a major flyin when all the other multiplayer aircraft show up. Other than that the frames are actually quite good considering the complexity of this aircraft. I originally intended to hold off purchasing until SU2 came out but I finally cracked about a month ago :-lol I was somewhat expecting to have a half unlfyable plane judging by some of the posts in the forum but other than a few small issues I had no problems that kept me from flying. As long as you don't go overboard with the scenery sliders you won't regret purchasing this aircraft. Hope that helped a little.Regards,Mark

Ok, Kool. Thanks Mark. I have brought FS-COF but uninstalled it within one hour, lol. The sound wouldnt work so I gave up.Ive got the PSS Dash-8 and B777 and they are pretty good. The VC in the Dash-8 is very detailed so if anyone also has the PSS Dash-8... would you please be able to compare these two birds for me?Cheers,Ryan

Cheers,
Ryan