Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heather 636

Hello, new to the forum something might help

Having been an old simmer many years ago I got interested again with 2K2 and find it a much improved product over the early versions.I have been experimenting to get the best 'eye candy' possible and find now I can run the sim on all settings at maximum, I have a flightplan IA in excess of 30K movements between 06:00 and 19:00Even though I have a high end system that I put together myself, I went through a stage of very poor frame rates when approaching busy airports.What I have discovered may help others, as I have read a few posts here along simular lines.I find that using aircraft for AI other than gmax models will greatly effect your frame rate, I now only use gmax models or default models with repaints as AI aircraft and my frame rates are up there.Hopes this helps somebody.

Guest Lindy

Hi...I'm a newbie to FS2002 (although not to flight simming or piloting in general) so I have to ask. How do you control what planes are used as AI aircraft in FS2002? Thanks.-Lindy :-spacecraft

Well you need to decompile the .bgl file, the easy way to do this is get TTools from the file library, once you use it you will have three files that can be viewed using notepad or word etc.The three files are Airports.txt Aircraft.txt and Flightplans.txt each file must contain the same basic data, in other words if you have a flight to an airport that is not contained in Airports.txt it will not compile when it comes time to put things together, simularly if you create a flight plan for an aircraft that does not exist it won't work either.Now the Aircraft.txt file contains a list of all your default arcraft and a number AC#* also the title of the aircraft and a 'class' number if you add aircraft to 2K2 you need to manually add them to Aircraft.txt in order for AI to use them in the programIf you want your aircraft to fly certain routes or you want to create certain flights you can download AI flight plans from this site, modify them by inserting the aircraft numbers you have merging the plan with FlightPlans.txt and recompiling the 3 files.The above is basic but give you an insite to what is possible, if you download a few of the tools and flight plans from the file section you'll find more fuller explanations of what to do.Good Luck

Guest Lindy

Now the Aircraft.txt file contains a list of all your default aircraft and a number AC#* also the title of the aircraft and a 'class' number if you add aircraft to 2K2 you need to manually add them to Aircraft.txt in order for AI to use them in the program. Okay,....... so basically then 3rd party planes do NOT automatically become AI aircraft in the program. Right? THAT's what I wanted to know. Thanks.-Lindy :-spacecraft

Guest Heather 636

Hi DJ!Welcome back to the community of flight-simmers.Cheers!Heather