Sign in to follow this  
Guest mikealpha

Stop moaning guys

Guest mikealpha

Guys,I am as frustrated as you are, but whom do all this moaning messages help ?I'm pretty sure the PMDG staff is also scratching their head what to do now, no one there will be happy about this.I think the unlucky thing was to encourage everyone to use a download accerator and that probably turns out to be the biggest problem now.I can only encourage everyone to stop using download accelerators to give the server more to "breath".Mike

Guest crabster

I have to agrre with ya on that Mike. Hey, all the guys moaning are trying to get the SU-2 upgrade--what about me and others who are still waiting to BUY the darn thing! :) that's really gotta be hurtin PMDG- no sales. But I will say this, sooner or later (hopefully sooner) I will get it.Andy

Ha ha, I agree fully with you guys! Actually I

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Guest Cpt Davison

Hmm, I know download accelerators only work by making multiple connections to the server and to mirrors.Well, mirrors are out of the question and restricting acces so that only one IP addy can connect at a time will fix the first issue. This way download accelerators benefit no more than standard web access.Merry ChristmasNigel

I am not usually one to grouse and complain, and I have no agendas .. but I personally would rather have paid $$$$ for the upgrade .. really a VERSION change .. not a "dot" release, if the $$$ might have supported "normal business crunch" bandwidth. After all, PSS, Dreamfleet, Flight 1 .. and even the scorned and disliked (very unfairly I believe) SSW and Captain SIM hae adequate servers to handle anticipated loads. No one is PERFECT .. but this is truly ridiculous in 2003.We as lovers of flightsim and of high resolution software like the 737 are a CAPTIVE AUDIENCE .. what are we going to do ... say, to hell with it and not wait .. quite the contrary .. we are all impatient because this is 2003 and there are alternatives which if chosen whould have alleviated all of this maddness and frustration.For a publisher to actually come out and say this may take some of you a week before you can get your upgrade is I suppose commendably honest, but on the other hand is egregiously aggrievating .. in the sense that the publisher knows that pain and frustration will be caused,I only hope that this "gripe" will be taken in the spirit with which it is offered ... having been a "business person" for 35+ years, I know what customer satisfaction is and ISN'T ... and I also know what a captive audience is ...O well ... Happy Holidays to all and Happy 737NG flying, someday.

>This way download accelerators benefit no more than standard>web access.I believe in our case, download accelerators are used in case your connection gets broken. Most d/l acc's have the ability to resume a download. In fact, it could be that multiple connections from one user are causing many of the problems with folks connecting... I know when I first downloaded the 737NG way back when, I needed to use one because my connection kept getting broken. I think the server/server's connection was and is to blame, as it is the *only* site I've needed to use one to get a file. I think this problem is rearing it's ugly head again with our current situations. I am SURE it's a state-of-the-art airplane, but the server/connection is of a little less quality. At least the initial reports of a functional airplane after SU2 are positive! -Greg

Guest Rich

By customers moaning and complaining a developer is able to gauge their performance. They usually take this data (at least the useful stuff) and find ways of avoiding it in the future. If all the 'little people' said nothing then the developer would / could assume that this is acceptable. I agree that a majority of posts (this one included) serves no realy purpose for you and I though. All I have to say to that is - don't read it if you don't like it!After all is said and done this is a payware aircraft and people need somewhere to vent their anger throughout this whole fiasco. I wouldn't dream of hassling a freeware developer like this (as I'm sure most of you wouldn't either).Put up with it.Rich.

Why do people moan on and on about their 'rights'?This is a game for goodness sake.I also have had this from the startand as a PS1 user I take my flight simulation very seriously - but-it is not real life!How can anyone get 'very angry' about waiting another day or two.If this upsets some people I am glad that I amnot beside them in a real crisis in real life.I also am looking forward to downloading SU2 this week but meanwhileI have a lot of living to get on with -wife, kids, job, car,food,wineetc. etc. David

Guest Rich

This might only be a game but the money I used was REAL. People moan about their rights simply because of this. People are using real life money to pay for it. Rich.

Yes, you have a point they are using real life money but my point was they will get their money's worth so for them to just relax for a few days.I suppose what I was trying to get at was for people to control their anger and frustration - meaning that if they can't havecontrol over a minor thing what chance have they controllingReal issues.Still this is all good fun, and it will all seem a joke in a week or two!David

Guest Rich

Oh I think people are controlling their anger. It seems like a joke now let alone in two weeks! ;-)Rich.

Guest eker

No need to use capital letters and digging in threnches.But to be honest I agree with some of the critics.The 737NG is the most expensive addon for FS - and not freeware. A few % of PMDG income could have been put into mirror server. Satisfied costumers comes back. I have been waiting for SU2 almost 6 months and willing to wait another 6 months - but ruin 3 hours in a weekend I am not happy with.The 737 "as is" - a lot of beatiful eye-candy, but aircraft system I am not yet satisified with - and not to promised specs.(Been airborne only a few hours) In reality I paid $40 a half year in advance for the 737 I am looking for. Learned that I will never buy payware (from any company) that is less than a year old. That will keep me and the company happy.Final word: I am sure that I will be satisfied with SU2 in according to upgrade specs - and erase memory of what has happened this week. With the SU2 installed I hope we all start from scratch and use this forum what it ment to be - discussing how to operate the 737! :-)eker

Guest mvf1981

sorry to but in but your facts are incorrect :)>Learned that I will never buy payware (from any company) that is less than a year old. That will keep me and the company happy.PMDG have been developing for quite some time dont you remember the FLY series days???Mark

"The 737 "as is" - a lot of beatiful eye-candy, but aircraft system I am not yet satisified with - and not to promised specs.(Been airborne only a few hours" And this is comparing to what exactly Eker? That's strange, our NG pilot said there is not another aircraft in fs that he has ever flown that comes close, but I assume you know more because you fly what? Best to say what you think is wrong, not some general statements that mean nothing.. There IS no other aircraft that comes close to the systems of this plane and I know this to be fact..[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest Rich

Mark, I read it as he wouldn't by a product until it had been out for a year - rather than the company. May be wrong of course.Rich.Edited to fix typo.