Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joshieca

Strange thing happen on the way to LAX!

Guest Joshieca

Well I thought that my video card died on me....After I quit out of FS2002, my video went very dim, lost all of the blue color in the picture. I rebooted....still the same thing...it even showed that way in DOS and the BIOS screens...checked the cable, not loose, same thing....I tried the monitor on another computer it worked fine....So I am thinking that its the video card....well I took out the video card, cleaned it, and reseated it....now its working.....What do you all think? Should I still send it in for repair? Allow Leadtek to take a look at it? It's still covered under warranty.[div align=center]http://members.cox.net/joshieca/fstimeslink.gif]CHINESE PROVERB"Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to bangkok."[/div][/font://http://members.cox.net/joshieca/fst.../i][/div][/font

Hi there.See what happens after a few days, if it doesnt do it again then it might have been a loose connection with the card in the slot and when you reaseated it it worked or it could be a chip on your video card overheating in which case you will find out if it goes funny again.Just my opinion.Craig

Hi!I've had similar experiences in my work. It has always been the monitor. If there is a bad commection on one of the pins you loose one color. There are pins for red, green and blue. I know you tried the monitor on another computer, so there might actually be a bad connection in one of the pin-holes on the female plug of the video card, but I don't think there is anything wrong with your card per se.Brgds, Frederick

Guest Joshieca

Today I will try out FS2002 to see if it happens again...its possible that it was a bad connection on the monitor...but more then likely I think that it was the card maybe came a bit loose in the AGP slot or that a chip on the card is/was overheating....Now I've got the Ti4600 itch! :) My friend said that he would give me $175 for my Ti500 (if I send it in for repair)....I can get the Ti4600 for around $325...so I would have to shell out only $150 for the Ti4600.....anyone think that its worth it??