Sign in to follow this  
qnh

What a bummer!

Got the download - error in archive!Size is 60.4 MB (63,414,796 bytes)Was using Netscape - now trying with IEScottYBTL

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Scott-Ack...Hey- if you get a second- you mind telling me what kind of download speed you were getting and at what time of day? (zulu!)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest Tinkan

Well, if you don't mind I'm sure you would like similar information from me. I just downloaded at 0040Z a 13 mb file at about 300 kb/sec. The file obviously didn't work.Glad I could help,Drew

Guest rellehenk

Complete fileDownloaded it 5-10 AFTER the server shutdown announcementSpeed between 85-100 kb/s (100 kb/s is my max)

Guest Eternal

>Well, if you don't mind I'm sure you would like similar>information from me. I just downloaded at 0040Z a 13 mb file>at about 300 kb/sec. The file obviously didn't work.>>Glad I could help,>DrewI just got a 16 MB file at high speed also. Obviously, it was corrupt. What's going on?Patrick

Guest Tinkan

I think the server is just getting hammered too much, and because of that it is sending out corrupt data. That is my guess. I suppose we should hold our heads high and keep trying however. :)Drew

Guest Eternal

Closer.. that one I just got was a 45 MB file at.. get this, 600 KB / sec!!Who needs that much bandwidth? Not me! Reduce the cap and let a few more users in. :)

60 k or thereabouts. Time was 23:45 zuluScottYBTL

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest Rego

41013K file at 375kb/sec at 8:07 CST. Corrupt.Rego

Gents-You guys that are getting currupt files:There is a difference between corrup and incomplete...Have you attempted to RESUME with a download manager?I'd be interested to see what it does...RSR

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest rcarlson123

I got the file with very good speeds at around 7 AM Zulu Sunday morning. I'm not sure exactly how fast I got it because I was using a custom perl script that I wrote to retrieve it, and I didn't add any timing code to it. The script would try the link, then sleep for 5 seconds if it received the 403.9 error, and try again. I started it running and walked away, came back in about 20 minutes, and it had failed about 30 times, then finally succeeded. I don't think it took more than a few minutes to download once it started.

Guest optimum

Hey Ross, Would you mind sending me that script? LOL Troy Stevens

Guest rcarlson123

Do you know perl, and know how to install perl modules? If so, I'll send you the script and instructions on which add-on modules it requires (just one) and how to edit it for your customer ID and password.PMDG folks, if you don't want me to give out this script, please let me know! I've only sent it to one person so far. Most people don't have perl or the required modules to run it anyway.What it does is enter an endless loop, attempting to download the .ZIP file. If it gets either the 403.9 or 500 error, it sleeps for 5 seconds then tries again. If it succeeds, it saves the file to disk and exits.I don't see any reason why you wouldn't want me to give out this script since all it really does is emulate the constant refreshing that other people do in their browser, but please let me know if you don't want me sending it out and I will of course comply.

Guest optimum

Ross,Thanks for the reply. I dont know perl or how to install the modules, so I guess i'll be stuck with the old-fashioned, traditional, refresh button. :) Thanks,Troy Stevens

Guest rcarlson123

Okay ... good luck to ya!