Sign in to follow this  
Guest B1900 Mech

E-Mail From PMDG, Or Hack Attempt?

Guest B1900 Mech

I just recived this, Check out the addon at the bottom, This had high lighted links ,with my personal password info...................(DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL... It is sent from an unmonitored account!)Dear XXXXXXXX,Precision Manuals Development Group is pleased to announce that we have made PMDG 737: THE NEXT GENERATION (VERSION 1.2) available for customer download.This upgraded version of the PMDG 737 that you have already purchased is available at no additional cost to you (other than the downloading process itself, of course!)This update represents a generation step forward in the stability and quality of our airplane, and represents thousands of man hours in development, research and testing.At the time of purchase we recommended that you retain the purchase receipt for your transaction as it would contain the purchase confirmation information as well as a download link for your purchase. We recognize that many customers may not have recognized the importance of saving this information, so we are providing your download link, ConfirmationID and Password in this email for your convenience.There are some important details that you should know before you attempt to download the product from our server!1) The file size is greater than 69MB. For this reason, we STRONGLY encourage you to install and use a download management software suite such as Download Accelerator Plus V5.3. If you do not install such a download management product, you may experience some frustration while attempting to download the new version.2) The entire product is contained in a SINGLE FILE. The original download release was contained in four files, but we have done away with that installation method as it proved to be ineffective for most users.3) Demand for this update is anticipated to be extremely high. We have taken steps to prepare our download server for the additional load, and one of these steps is to programmatically limit the number of users who may concurrently log into the server to download the product. THIS BEING THE CASE, WE FULLY ANTICIPATE THAT SOME USERS WILL BE UNABLE TO ACCESS THE SERVER AS QUICKLY AS THEY WOULD LIKE. There is nothing that can be done to mitigate this, as we find it necessary to offer the download slots on a first come-first served basis. We will be closely monitoring the load that is placed on the server, and if we feel that additional capacity is available we will increase the number of concurrent download slots available.4) Your patience with item #3 above is greatly appreciated.5) We have changed a significant amount in this version, and for that reason it will be necessary to replace ALL of your SID/STAR files, as well as the user liveries. As we update our free liveries to make them compatible with this version of the airplane we will add them to the DOWNLOADS section at www.precisionmanuals.com6) Do not forget to visit the PMDG 737 Operators Information Center for continued updates on the Aircraft Operating Manual, SID/STARs, FAQs, Support and user Flightplans!Thank you for your support of PMDG and our products. We are glad to have you as a customer and we hope you will enjoy this significant update for your 737 experience!Your download link and information are as follows:--------------------------------------------------http://www.precisionmanuals.com/shop/shopp...xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYour registration details:Order ID:xxxxxxxxx Password: xxxxxxxxxxThank you again,The Development TeamPrecision Manuals Development Group http://www.precisionmanuals.com-----------------------This mail is not send by us but it used our high-end software Personalizemail Series and the software was not registered, that's why the advertisement was added to the bottom of this email. Personalizemail Series are not Spam tools at all, please do not use it to Spam, you can use it to send reckonings, invoices or any other legal personalized email. just like do not use an airliner to strike mansion! it should be used to carry passengers --- http://www.personalizemail.com-----------------------This mail is not send by us but it used our high-end software: Personalizemail Seriesand the software was not registered, that's why the advertisement was added to the bottom of this email.Personalizemail Series are not Spam tools at all, please do not use it to Spam, you can use it to send reckonings, invoices or any other legal personalized email. just like do not use an airliner to strike mansion! it should be used to carry passengers --- http://www.personalizemail.com/

Guest Mark McG

Jim,that looks the exact same as the update email I received from PMDG.The link and stuff is the same as your original order.Hope this puts your mind at rest.

Guest rellehenk

Don't see the problem here :?

Guest B1900 Mech

Was this sent by PMDG's Download server company then?

Good idea!. It could be done on the basis of registration date - therefore first purchased - first updated. Sounds fair to me and I was a late addition to the list of purchasers so I would have the longest to wait.Andy B

Not a bad idea, but unfortunately I agree with you that there would probably be a large amount of flack from the "I want it first" crowd.Patience is still a virtue (or...) ;)

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Guest rcarlson123

Having deployed high traffic web sites in the past, I can say that one true solution here is to be better prepared for the load, not just try to spread it out. Any time a launch like this is done, the available resources must be stress tested before hand. And when launch day arrives, additional resources must be ready to be "plugged in" at a moment's notice. It is a trivial matter to replicate the user and password authentication across an unlimited number of machines.PMDG apparently has their official site, their purchasing site, and the download site all on the same machine. This is evidenced by the fact that new customers cannot purchase the program, and casual visitors can't even view the new web site, while the server is being hammered by downloaders. The PMDG developers are obviously a talented and intelligent group, considering the incredible product they have created. As for the web site and SU2 deployment ... lessons learned, I'm sure. I have no doubt that the next big launch will go much more smoothly.