Sign in to follow this  
Guest Murf

To all the frustrated people...

Guest Murf

I was fortunate enough to be able to download the update with a couple of hours of receiving the email.Speaking personally I am more than pleased in my dealings with PMDG. I have received a quality flight sim product and I have found them to be professional and very helpful when I have communicated with the team. They seem to be committed to their product andI will continue to do business with PMDG in the future.Now, before someone here accuses me of being _ _ _ _ - kissing, let me say that I am not known for posting obsequious messages. I think that a few of the members in this forum would agree with this. :)In any case... If you are a discriminating flight simmer looking for a well modeled simulation, and you are willing to wait things out through these server problems, I think you will be pleased with the product.To the PMDG team

Guest zanadu6365

You know I really think it is sad that the few members like us, who show our gratitude are refered as @$$-kissers...To me, this show that those who call us the above are people who are never happy, and never will be because they think that a sincer Thank you, or a kind word is XXX-kissing.Hence they spend there life complaining cause they had to "wait for months" before the SU2 was released, and now that it is released they are moaing and crying cause they didn't get it right then, right there.A word of cation....If people keep complaining, moaning, and crying, the PMDG staff will eventually get fed up and say take this add on and shove it like some other well known flight sim addon companys.Hence the old and true saying, If you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all. I am a web developer,and I know that sometimes things go wrong, and it takes time to fix it. But if %80 of consumers complained, moaned and was a big cry baby, like most of you are, it out ways the %20 who really like the product and say nice things.And there is a BIG differance between complaining and informing,"I cant download from the site" To me thats someone informing,"Oh Great I have waited XX of months and now that it is realeased I have to wait! Should have got more bandwidht, mirrors ect ect" THAT is complaining.I will get off my soap box now.

Guest bigun

I'm a 51 year old f*rt who has gotten into trouble more times than I care to remember for speaking my mind when I think an individual or a company is not doing all they can to conduct themselves properly. I also do not mind praising a company or individual that I feel IS doing all they can. I absolutely feel that PMDG bust their butt to do the best job they possibly can, and I say so. If that causes me to be called a butt kisser by a few misguided, less than full grown folks., that's OK. Like I said in another post. The PMDG folks are a pretty nice group of butts:)

...or else PMDG's customers eventually get fed up and what do you think the outcome of that would be...?David,Considering how the situation is right now with lots of different feelings among us, angry threads which are deleted and so on don't you think a better solution would have been if PMDG would have been better prepared from start when they knew how big the demand would be on this SU2 and thereby would have avoided all this?No matter what way you turn, but the ones that will always be the loosers in the end is a company if they keep upsetting too many customers. Must say I was very surprised when I read a post from one of the PMDG team guys earlier today where he actually officially insulted one of his paying customers here in the forum. I can fully understand that you get angry and frustrated in the situation they are in right now but insulting your customers will do neither you nor your future business any good that's for sure.It's always very dangerous to get into a fight with angry customers if you plan on staying in the business no matter what you think of some of them. Personally I think this almost start feeling like a war with lots of angry people, deleted threads and so on and I don't like that feeling at all - can't imagine anyone does. Especially not when it instead could have been the positive forum it usually is where people sharing the same interest for a very good product hang out and have fun together. And all this because of such a simple problem as lack of computer power, can't see how it could be worth it...Cheers,Richard

Richard Åsberg

Well you have some points Richard. But like I pointed out in another thread (now gone) that PMDG sells ad-ons, not lessons on how to conduct one's self just because they happen to be a customer and cannot download the update (although it is understood this is bothersome). It's rough going right now, certanly PMDG tried to do it the best way they thought possible, it has not exactly turned out to be the way intended and there is quite a lot of frustration running amuck. The good thing is that they are working non stop to fix the situation, so all that is asked is some respect for the process currectly going on but outbrusts and personal comments about how PMDG should conduct their business is not open for discussion. They will get it resolved, this is a sure thing......... [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest zanadu6365

I have to appologize, I kind of lost my temper...But as to the server. The way I feel about it, Sometimes things just happen. I also feel the same as you that is a company should never get into fights with anger costomers. They should have not insulted that person, but CAN you relate to the way the PMDG member felt? Here you are, you busted your butt, you release it, the server develops a problem due to over activity and such, Then people start Complaining, telling you that you should have done this or that. After awhile you get tired and fustrated. We all lose our tempers, say things we should not say.But we are only human, we are not perfect. So I can see WHY they did it, I am not saying they should have. If you own a company, and you bust your chops trying to have it the best you know it to be, ad that just dose not seem to make your costomers happy, then you as a retailer (of any business) Just give up, and turn into a bad company for you feel like you cant make your cosomers happy, so why try? Thats the way I feel this is going. I too feel like there is a WAR OF THE DOWNLOAD going on. I think We all need to just log off and leave this alone for a few days. I mean the patch is not going anywhere. Right now WE as the cosomers need to be as positive, and helpfull as we can be. These guys are more then likley losing sleep because of us. I feel that it is not ALL PMDG's fault, and I don't feel it is all of the Costomers (Me included) are to blame either. I feel it is a 50/50 deal. And as far as lack of computer power, I REALLY don't think any amont of power could have prepared for EVERY single owner to download ALL at the same time... Ever see what happines when you plug too many things into a socket? Bam, the lights go out, and it dosn't matter how much power you have.I think we all need to take a deep breath and be more positive. I think we ALL have blown a fuse in the past 30 hours. People like me blew our fuse over the people who blew there fuse because they could not download right then and there, and PMDG blew there fuse when the server and the costomers blew there fuse... it was ALL a chain reaction.Again sorry for blowing my fuse...

Guest Hi-Energy

Hey,I have not yet been fortunate enough to get the download, im not upset, I'm acaully really pleased with PMDG, For the way they have handled all the complants, If it wern't for them, we'd be flying old junkers, their products are great, Give them a break, There working hard to try and solve these problems, They'v prety much gone non stop since the release, Im sure 99 % of us wouldn't bother to take all the harasiment theyv taken......Great Job All of the PMDG guys....

Guest rcarlson123

Well said David, I agree. What irks me is that this is a free update to a product that is already light years ahead of most other offerings, yet people complain about it like their civil rights are being trampled. :)I can understand some frustration though because of how hyped up the update was, but I don't understand people getting angry or accusing PMDG of screwing up, or anything along those lines.People just need to be patient ... it's not like they've spent 40 bucks and have nothing to show for it. I spent most of my waiting time flying the 1.1 plane ... and loving it! SU2 is like an early christmas present.That being said, I think there is one place where PMDG could have made a quick executive decision, and fixed this problem by simply adding more servers. If the demand is this high, then they've had lots of sales and should have the cash flow to add some servers. I run a web hosting company so I know how easy and fast it is these days to expand capacity. (Although I've never run a software development project of this scope, so maybe the cash flow isn't what I assume it is.) At any rate, it takes very little money to expand server capacity, and doing so would help PMDG retain the excellent reputation they've worked so hard for.Given PMDG's excellent track record to date, and the level of professionalism exhibited when dealing with this release, I'm certain that they will be better prepared for future product launches and updates.

Guest tmetzinger

I'm not angry (I flew a few hours with SU1.1 today), but I do think that Robert's comment:"During the past 36 hours we have seen a level of immaturity and, to be candid, selfishness that is unparalleled in the simming community".Can be rephrased (from the customer point of view) to:"During the past 36 hours we have seen a level of impatience and frustration unparalleled in the simming community".and demonstrates that PMDG are victims of their own success. I would wager that for fans of airliner simming SU2 was more anticipated and more coveted than FS9, and I can imagine what would have happened if FS9 had been only available online instead of in stores.The fact is that the sim market has changed, and there are LOTS of folks now spending hundreds to thousands of dollars in add-on hardware and software for a $70 flight sim program. When the market is that mature, and people are spending that kind of money, a certain (perhaps unrealistic) level of performance is expected, and folks get upset when it's not met. Waiting patiently (not necessarily happily),

Guest rcarlson123

I certainly agree, Tim. I just hope that people understand that PMDG is trying a new distribution method here (in response to customer requests, even) and they weren't quite prepared for the result. I'm sure the second attempt (for the release of the 800/900 or 744) will go much smoother, unless they try yet another method instead, hehe.P.S. Tim, I am going to steal a little screen space in this thread to say thanks for your tutorial. Thanks to you, I was able to get up and running with the plane in no time, with a basic understanding of the FMC, and how to navigate from point A to point B in a realistic manner. Thanks a million for taking the time to put that tutorial together. I'm looking forward to the updated version.