Sign in to follow this  
teropa

A big thumbs up to PMDG :)

Good evening!I just completed my first flights with the SU2 NG in FS2002 (I was having some weird short pauses in FS2004 with the NG, but I don't know yet what was causing them, so I changed to FS2002 version right away).My conclusion is that you have done an excellent job with the update, and I wish to congratulate you about it! Way to go!A few things I noticed (not big things at all, just thought I mention these anyway):As I undocked the overhead, radios, FMC and the pedestal to other monitors, when I press the Zoom or landing panel buttons, the overhead disappears from side monitor. Then when I go back to main panel by pressing M, it will show nicely, but the overhead is still gone and I have to re-activate it. In FS2004 this undocking also locked the main panel instruments (froze them), until I closed the overhead in another monitor. So, this is basically multimonitor-trouble, and non-related to the aircraft functionality as such.Another thing was that on my first test flight dusk fell, and the numbers in MCP just vanished. When I pressed the panel lights button the numbers came back, but were boxed in the MCP in the ugly old way. Another press in the panel light button took the boxes away and it was all fine. Again, a small thing.Other than those two MINOR things, I couldn't find anything wrong with the aircraft. It was nice and smooth , and I like the FLUID displays and added FMC functionality very much!A job WELL done, PMDG.I'm off to sack now, but I thought you needed a bit of the positive here... hang on the rest of you, SU2 is a keeper! I will post more tomorrow once I can complete several real, long, test flights with proper planning etc.Tero

PPL(A)

Guest Dudley Brooke

>Good evening!Really!

Thanks Tero ;) The dusk-dawn changes do at times effect the bimaps, this is one of those things, you are right about the fix, just recycle the cockpit lights. Glad you were pleased so far![h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest Hickup4695

Go ahead rub it in we sit here and wait and wait and still nothing and your complaining about something is not working right. At least let them get the sever fixed first so the rest of us can get it and then will all gang up on them about WHATS WRONG THIS TIME!Dave

Lol, I think you will be searching in vain, there are a couple of known minor FS limitaion items but nothing that hinders this aircraft, I am confidant that the systems are in good order, now please prove me wrong ;)PS- I know Tero and anyone who knows him also knows if he is pleased with it, it means a lot![h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest rellehenk

First impressionGREAT!!Everything is working fine.Nice sounds btw ;)And I like the digital display for the flaps :DLast but not least: The NEW FMC is COOOOL

Guest Hickup4695

Well my friend you got me there because I can't download it yet. Yep been trying but no luck. My problem is I have a darn dial up and this is going to take awhile anyway so I am already not looking forward to this. I liked one of the suggestion that you should have had a special area for the dial ups. Chopped up download as well it will take my several hours to download something that size, Hey maybe that's why I am being blocked I am to slow. DarnDavid

Dave !Just wait and be patient, you will get it eventually. Of course, everyone will. It just takes time because of the things that have been discussed already.SU2 brings this aircraft to a different level. It's worth waiting. :)Tero

PPL(A)

Guest mikealpha

>> As I undocked the overhead, radios, FMC and the pedestal to other monitors, when I press the Zoom or landing panel buttons, the overhead disappears from side monitor. Then when I go back to main panel by pressing M, it will show nicely, but the overhead is still gone and I have to re-activate it. In FS2004 this undocking also locked the main panel instruments (froze them), until I closed the overhead in another monitor.Arggghhhh, I was hoping this is solved in SU2. Sigh ....Mike

To which part are you referring to ? The undocked panel disappearing or the main panel being "frozen" when undocked panels are in their place (FS2004)?Tero

PPL(A)

Guest mikealpha

Tero,to both. Especially the disappearing overhead panel issue and the non standard multi monitor support has been mentioned several times here in the Forum (a few times I mentioned this myself) and it was said it will be adressed in SU2. That issue annoys me since the first version. From what you describe, apparantly it hasn't been adressed :(Mike

Guest keattchr

There isn't anything.I have now made about 10 flights since getting SU2 and I have found nothing wrong of any consequence - in fact, this is the most stable airplane / panel combo I have ever used.Ray Keattch

Guest Art Vandalay

Just had a quick flight with 1.2 (with saving PMDGs poor bandwidth through getting the file from a friend who successfully downloaded it - just a tip) and I had a big smile in my face while flying. Great Job!I like the new "aural appearance" - very realistic and athmospheric sounds.I like the new handling and flightdynamics. Feels now great to have her by the stick.I like the framrate increase (for me 3-4 fps in 2D-Cockpit FS2002)I like the numerous improovements in the Panel-GfxI like the speed tape showing V-Speed and Flap-Markers correctlyI like the automatic thrust logic being much smarter than the old one.....and thats just what i discovered in the first few minutes. I

Glad you are finding the good things Art. The sound issue is a compremise, we could have had the sound in *all* the panels (which would mean even in spot view) or the foward panels only, the latter was chosen for this FS limitaion. The spoilers also, the logic is very much like the default FS birds. Again a FS limitation. SHIFT / should arm fine in the air. / should also deploy and retract. You can set with your mouse too. It's not flawless in this department but worable... [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg