Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

For those who have flown the SU2 version..

Just while the rest of us are waiting... what is the impression you get when you compare SU2 to the original version?1. Visually.. cockpit/avionics "look and feel"2. Procedurally.. functionality of the airplane3. Performance.. any difference in fps, smoothness, responsiveness?

Bert

Guest ToMy Li

Yes please! what on about!!! :( while we are waiting for download it from the SERVER...

Guest retard_retard_retard

PMDG EDIT: You need to sign all posts with your real name as per PMDG Forum Guidelines

To the last two posters:a. Please sign your name (per forum guidelines)b. If you have nothing to say.. don't post..Thanks!

Bert

Guest retard_retard_retard

PMDG EDIT: You need to sign your posts with your real name as per forum guidelines

Guest rcarlson123

I've only done one flight with it so far. My framerates were always pretty good, but it does seem a little smoother. I haven't tried the VC yet, mainly because I prefer the 2D zoom panel anyway.I've only scratched the surface on the new FMC functions, but I must say I LOVE the changes I've seen so far, such as the ability to view a list of saved routes, call up navaid info, better organization of SIDs and STARs, and better route display on the ND. The one change I was really looking forward to is the distance-sorting of waypoints when you line select a waypoint identifier that has multiple entries in the database. It shows them in ascending order of distance from the last waypoint in your currently programmed route. Small fix, big help! This came in really handy on the one flight I've done so far, which was from Naha AFB to Hong Kong International ... an area I'm quite unfamiliar with.Having the commanded flaps meter shown on the zoom display is a big help.I have not yet experienced the annoying pitch bobbing problem, so that's another welcome fix.And the manuals ... yikes ... they look VERY thorough. I can't wait to dig in to them when I have more time!The install procedure was flawless.So far so good ... PMDG rocks!

Guest keith_yingling

I dont see what the big deal is if only small things like that have been changed/added. Keith Yingling

Guest rcarlson123

Uhhh ... I'm a customer (who's done only one flight with the SU2) not one of the developers. I'm only mentioning the things I've noticed in my very limited time with the new plane. (Notice where I said I've only scratched the surface.)Have you not seen the massive list of updates that was posted in the forums?

>I dont see what the big deal is if only small things like>that have been changed/added. >>Keith YinglingLOL - Keith, the difference is huge - we went through 73 beta versions of changes and additions!The biggest ones:1. Completely reprogrammed magenta line drawing on the ND - it is now correct and matches the real aircraft as closely as can be modelled in FS.2. Nearly completely reprogrammed FMC procedure handling with vastly expanded syntax. The plane now realistically allows for SID/STAR transitions, instrument approaches with full missed approach capability. (that's a first in an FS airliner).3. Realistic CWS implementation - think of it as Airbus fly-by-wire for a Boeing. Turn it on, bank or pitch the aircraft, let go of the joystick or yoke and watch as it perfectly holds that attitude. This has never been done before in FS.4. Custom programmed elevator trim system that is independent from FS's very wrong implementation of it - another first.5. Completely redone and tweaked flight models to compensate for FS9's changes/bugs.6. Hundreds of functionality and realism fixes that are too numerous to remember!Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Lobaeux4

I've made one flight in the SU2 version. Gotta say, very nice and smooth. Handflew the approach into Miami, trim was responsive and no bobbing up and down. When I selected approach speeds, then dialed them in, on approach for some reason i heard "V1" and "Rotate" not sure why. To be honest I haven't had much time to enjoy the SU2, won't until tomorrow evening, but so far I'm very impressed.Framerates appear to be a LITTLE better, it's such a complicated aircraft, I really didn't expect much in this area.I like the representation of missed approach procedures, and the thoroughness of preflighting the FMC, including winds, temps and such.OH, one thing I forgot:"3. Realistic CWS implementation - think of it as Airbus fly-by-wire for a Boeing. Turn it on, bank or pitch the aircraft, let go of the joystick or yoke and watch as it perfectly holds that attitude. This has never been done before in FS."Haven't tried this yet, but Ryan's wrong about this. Oleksiy Frolov's Dash 8, TCS (Touch Control Steering) also does this. Set the autopilot, the engage TCS, bank or pitch the a/c and it will hold in that bank/pitch. But, it is nice to know it's in the PMDG NG as well.Overall, I'd say the SU2 is not quite a new aircraft, but it's definetly more than just a patch. HUGE KUDOS to PMDG for this. Can only imagine what the 800/900 will be like. Can't wait for TCAS!

Guest keith_yingling

No I didnt see them, I just bought this last week.Keith Yingling

Guest keith_yingling

yeah see if it had TCAS or WAR then Id be up all night like these other guys! :-)Keith

His does not do anything like this. Our is completely tied in the AFDS, it'snot just a click & hold item. Does his have alpha protection? Does his have ALT CAPTURE? Does his engage while you are in CMD either VANV,LNAV, ALT HLD, V/S or HDG SEL and apply *pressure* and it automaticly reverts to CWS? Is his inhibited in mnay circumstances like the real aircraft say under a certain alitutude? I can give a long list not to mention the fact that a Dash 8's TCS is not a Boeing CWS, it is the FIRST time correctly modelled in FS ever! Sorry but that is a simplistic feature and really is a disgrace to even compare the two........ [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

I have a Jetline Yoke so this should be fun to use now. Randy, quick quesiton while I wait for the server. Can you turn off the floodlights in VC mode at night now to make it where it is just the glow from the CRT displays and the lettering on the gauges?

Eric 

Umm I really not sure but I think that you cannot. That's Vin's beauty ;). It has been toned down greatly though since SU1-1, much easier on the night flying in the VC. I do know in the 2D You can adjust the brightness for each display (hidden click spot in left top corner) in day & night and this also goes for the FMC on the *Brightness* knob..Cheers,[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg