Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

For those who have flown the SU2 version..

Guest B742FAN

Wow that is really exciting stuff. This has to be the most painful post I've ever read. LOL Personally I am looking forward to the missed approach proceedures.Lookin' forward to it!__Josh - Level 32 SU2 Clickmaster

Guest Lobaeux4

Yes you're right, TCS is not a Boeing CWS, but what Ryan had described, Fanda's Dash 8 already did. I will agree that the PMDG NG is probably the first to model CWS, but to say the Fanda TCS is a simplistic feature and a disgrace to compare the two is a little uncalled for don't you think?

Guest ba747heavy

>__>Josh - Level 32 SU2 Clickmaster I see you have gone up a few levels since the last time I read one of your posts. I suggest you go to SU2 Clickmaster anonymous to get help ;)

Well I think that goes both ways indeed, not the correct use of terms, no disrepect towards his good work, I just want it clear that it is much more coding than it appears to have all that work together. It is like comparing apples and oranges. Even the real TCS is a simple version of the complex Boeing CWS as is CWS is simple to true FBW. [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest Lobaeux4

Yep! The DeHavilland Dash 8-300 is a much simpler airplane than the 737-700 NG, no doubt about it.But, you can compare apples and oranges in this case, and I've made the case before that you CAN compare different sims (ie. the Dash 8 to the PMDG NG to the PIC767 to the PSS A320 to the Grabowski ERJ, and so on and so on) but that's a different argument. I feel (because I'm not a Dash 8 pilot, just a lowly Herk driver) that the Fanda Dash 8 TCS is perfectly implemented.I haven't tried the CWS yet in the NG, but boy am I excited to now. Thanks for the insight Randy on the PMDG CWS.

Randy, you are really crossing the line by refering to comparisons between the PMDG 737 and Oleksiy Frolov's Dash 8 "a disgrace". I doubt very much that you've taken the time to get to know the Dash. I appreciate your support of PMDG and the great work they are doing, but there is absolutely no need to put down the efforts of others!

It was not the correct words for which I already stated, lousy use of my words really! Read my other post please, I meant no disrepect towards Olekiy, only to the comparison that in fact does not exist and in a way made the work on this CWS as something common which it is not. EDIT: *Common* in the sence that it's easy to implement in FS. I have heard nothing but great things about the Dash 8, I am sure it's a great aircraft although I have not tried it. *Buries head in the sand*lOl[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest rcarlson123

Hehe ... Randy, now you're calling his work "common" ... quit while you're behind. :)(Just joking around ... I knew what you meant.)

That's OK Randy, I know where you are comming from. You're very passoinate about your favorite aircraft, and I do appreciate that. You should try the Dash 8, you'd like it.