Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Round Trip Flight

Guest allblack

Hi. Can someone please tell me if I can do this....Lets say I want to set up a round-trip in FS2002. The flight planner allows me to select a destination, but only one.What I want to know is, is it possible to set up a flight involving multiple airports without having to use the flight planner for each leg?I've tried adding waypoints by moving the red line onto other airports, but when I land and take-off again, the ATC doesn't seem to understand what I'm trying to do.Does anyone know if it's possible to set up a flight plan ONCE, that involves multiple take-offs/landings, and ATC changes for each leg???ThanksTim

Guest Scott Campbell

Tim,It's not possible. In the real world, mostly there are separate plans for each terminal, although there are some plans for "island hoppers", like in the UK, Caribbean and Hawaii (although I think it's because of a standing filing that Hawaii is included). However, it's just as easy to make several plans, save them, then call each up after you land. You need to offload passengers/cargo at your destination anyway, so you have a few minutes to load up the next leg. That's for commercial operations. I don't know about GA flights, but I'd imagine one would have to file separately.

Just for kicks, I tried to fly to several airports within Florida. I used an external flight planner so I could control the points easier. My plan was to takeoff from KPBI to KJAX to KTLH to KORL and land. Well, I tookoff from KPBI but as soon as I got close to KORL, I was directed to descend and land. I GPS map showed the proper flight but ATC decided, I needed to go direct!!:-mad I tried several different ways to get away from my destination airport but ATC kept me straight!