Sign in to follow this  
Guest Murf

An SU2 VNAV Descent Question

Guest Murf

This has happened during a few of my flights since upgrading to SU2. First let me say that SU2 is much, much smoother when leveling off and beginning descents.My problem (if it is one) is this

On the 737 NG Murf VNAV PTH DESCent TARGET SPD is not followed, it's for reference only, the only thing the AFDS is following is the PATH, if you desire to keep the speed in a path descent you must either use the spoilers or throttles, you can also go for a SPD DEScent which WILL maintain SPEED over path.... So yes this is 100% correct as to the real bird ;) PS- I would like to add that un forecast winds will also effect the computed path, so if you input this close it will be ok[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Mike, I see you've got your answer. I'll remove my totally incorrect info .:-lol

Guest Murf

Thanks for the reply guys!This was a case of RTFM, as I have just finished reading the included FMC manual and it explained the situation as Randy described above.One question though... as this was a case of speed undershoot and thrust was required, am I able to use my throttle while autothrottle and VNAV engaged?I will watch for this during my next flight, but if memory serves moving the throttle has no effect while the autothrottle is engaged.Thanks again,

Guest Murf

Sounds good! I'll try that next time this happens.One other thing I noticed. In SU1-1 moving the APU to off tripped the APU BLEED switch off. This does not happen for me in SU2. Reading the PMDG System Operation manual (pg 39) says that moving the APU switch off should close the APU BLEED.

HAH!This was also something I observed in the very first descent. I was like "what the devil... it isn't... huh?".Then as I was looking at that bug and the 10kt difference, suddenly I realised that they would not have left something like this in SU2. It was a case of RTFM as suspected :D.Tero

PPL(A)