Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

To Capt. Randazzo

Hello sir, I was just wondering if you had an e-mail address that I would be ablt to contact you at. I have a few questions about what you did to become a pilot and how you got financial aid to get your education and stuff like that.(maybe you could e-mail me if you have time)Thanks,Jeff Smith

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Jeff,Capt'n Randazzo is up to his eyeballs working on the server issue. When he's able to get a breather, after we resume the downloads, I'm sure he'll get to all of the non-support e-mail. Hang in there.

Guest GrantM

There you are Pete. Long time no talk. I have assumed that much of the beautiful paintwork we see on the PMDG aircraft is your handywork. Good to see such talent in PMDG's employ. I have not gotten my SU2 yet, but I keep patiently trying. Wish you guys the best in getting this distribution problem under control.GrantM

Jeff-As pete points out- i'm a bit task focused on server/distribution issues...Once things have calmed down a bit- repost this question as a reminder to me- and we'll talk.... ;-)Always glad to help a fellow out if he's serious about getting into the cockpit!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Grant,good to 'hear' from you. Yep, guilty as charged ;-) Bob Jones, the lead graphics designer, has made a really first class paintkit for me to work with and without his ground work, my job would be light years tougher.We are all feeling everyone's anguish over the distribution problems but Robert will iron out the gremlin's and get everybody's updates rolling again.

Guest N1152S

Thats awesome to hear. I'm about to get my multi-instrument commercial and I had a few questions for you as well!

Guest keith_yingling

Robert,I looked up your name in the FAA database...It says you are typed in a A/BA-4100. I was just wondering what that was.Keith Yingling

Guest wackerr

Jetstream 41, right?Bob WackerKMSN

Guest wraith

I am working on getting my Private Pilot's License as we speak, or should I say write. I see that you are also in the USAF Jeff, have you thought of going to your Air Base's Aero Club to start out? That is if they have one on Tinker AFB. That's what I have done, ground school is paid for by tuition assitance. You'll have to get some books too, cost me about 150$ no biggie. However It is going to cost you to actually take a plane and an instructor up in the air. I have flown about 3 times now, doing quite well, my instructor thinks I can have my PPL in about 3 months, and solo in about 10 hrs! I'm thinking about going for multi engine and IFR ratings in the future, then going commercial once out of the military. I am a C-130E Hydraulic Systems Mechanic stationed at Yokota Air Base Japan.Nicholas Mathewshttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/52959.jpg

Guest KevinShea

Hey there Jeff,Go over to the web site www.flightinfo.comclick on the message board link and you will find one of the biggest group of real world pilots that I've ever found on the web. I was considering becoming a professional pilot myself so I spent some serious time asking these guys what the "real world" of airline flying is like. You will learn all you need to know over there both good and bad. After a while over there you will be able to know your options and make an informed decision. And that in my opinion is the most important thing about deciding to become a airline pilot and make $18K-22K for the first year of your career.Anyways, if I was 18 and had to decide on a career again........Kevin