Sign in to follow this  
ChuckB

Think you got it bad because you've had to wait???

Hey all, I'm one of those silent lurker types that always check out the posts, usually laugh and do a lot of learning. As you can see in my sig, my machine is well capable of running the 737NG with nice results. I.m also privy to a high speed connection. But what happens when you're away from home and on a dial-up connection with your system like me right now?:( :( You sit, read posts about people griping (Can most of you ever really be satisfied? Probably not!), people making light of the situation (Proud of them!!) and you can only dream of having the update of the year. For those of you that are having a hard time getting it downloaded, take comfort in the fact that you will eventually get it. Me, I'll have to probably wait until I'm at home again in MAY!!! to download it. If I'm lucky, I'll have a chance sometime after the first of January. In the meantime, I still have the 737NG loaded (I don't have the uninstall program yet), I can still fly online on VATSIM on occasion, and since I'm retraining to be a real world C-130 flight engineer, I get all sorts of time playing around on C-130 simulators and cockpit/system trainers. Life is not all bad, but I'd sure love to get my hands on SU2!! Thank you PMDG and thank you to the beta testers that helped them out. I don't even know what SU2 is like, but I'm pretty sure when I get it, I'll be real happy. *Technical Question for PMDG* Barring any change in server status, etc. and since it may be a while before I can actually download SU2, will that email link and all still be valid, or is there a certain timeout built into the link? Thanks!!See you soon in the wild blue...ChuckAthlon XP 2800+ASUS A7N8X DeluxeAntec TruePower 480 PS1.0 gig DDR PC2700ATI Radeon 9800Pro 128 running Omega DriverSB Audigy 2WD 60 gig HDDWD 40 gig HDDCH Products USB YokeCH Products USB PedalsWindows XP Prohttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

Guest Lobaeux4

Hey Chuck, you here at The Rock?

Joe, Sure thing!! So far, I'm having a blast, have my first flight around the middle of February.ChuckAthlon XP 2800+ASUS A7N8X DeluxeAntec TruePower 480 PS1.0 gig DDR PC2700ATI Radeon 9800Pro 128 running Omega DriverSB Audigy 2WD 60 gig HDDWD 40 gig HDDCH Products USB YokeCH Products USB PedalsWindows XP Prohttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

Guest stefanwa

Maybe this fits in here and we can talk a bit while waiting...I saw you also own the CH Yoke and Pedals. Do you have any special configuration done to it in combination with FS2004. Especially the rudders are a bit pain with it I think.I want to get the best and most authentic feel with my equipment in combination with the 737NG. Anyone else who owns the CH products and uses them with the 737?Steve

Guest Pittsburgh

Hi Steve, Allow me to jump in here: I own both the yoke and the rudder pedals. I love them... Probably the best purchase I have made. As you can guess, I use them extensively with the 737. I have no problems using them. There was a post a while back about a little tweak made to the air-file of the 737 to allow tight turns in the 737. That is the only mod I have made - other than that, I think they work pretty realisticly (that being said, I am not a RW pilot, but I have sat in the flight deck on several occasions on the -800 version).Thanks,Boaz

Yes Steve,I have the CH pedals and yoke and I use them together with CH Manager. CH Manager makes it possible to set your sensitivity of your pedals (as well as your yoke) to make the rudder more responsive the more you push the pedals i.e. exponential rudder deflection depending on rudder movement. Makes them less sensitive while taxying. Same thing can be done with the yoke axises. Be sure to get the USB versions though (Wouldn't think anything else should be considered today) as they give you toe brakes as well as rudder as opposed to the game port rudders where you will get either brakes or rudder.Ah.. I hope you get what I mean as I can see I'm a bit lost myself here...lolAnyway, hope it helps you with a decision. ;-)

Guest stefanwa

So, no changes to sensitivities and dead zones either in FS2004 or the CH Control Panel? Using other aircraft in FS at least, the rudder is way too sensitive I think.Steve

I have CH pedals and yoke as well, BUT where did you get or downlnoad CH Manager from and how can I get itThanksBo

Bo Klop

Guest crabster

Hey Chuck, are you cross training or pipeline? (I'm assumming your Active or ANG/Reserve). If you are, can you pm me, I have a question....Andy

Guest stefanwa

>I have CH pedals and yoke as well, BUT where did you get or>downlnoad CH Manager from and how can I get itYou can get the latest version from www.chproducts.comI've also played a bit with the Manager settings and I think I've found a rather good setup. Nevertheless I would be interested in other people's settings. Of course I got the USB versions.Steve