Sign in to follow this  
Guest ph-ndr

Incomplete downloads

Guest ph-ndr

I've had good luck in getting to the links to get the download startng. Less luck with getting something to download handed out from the servers.What seems very bogus is that the content-length of the file handed out from the server varies from time to time. I've had four attempts succeed in getting the dialogue box up to indicate where I want to save the file and then move on and start the actual transfer.First time around it had a content length of 1440kb, and the second was given as a content length of approx 28mb, then 24mb and 34mb. This was actually given by the content length header in the HTTP stream. The file came down in the entire length indicated by the content length header, and to boot, the TCP sockets were set up and torn down properly, including PUSH/FIN/SYN at the end.This leads me to believe the server is still (ot at least, at the moment) handing out garbage grade data to some extent.If the content length given int he HTTP stream is variable this also makes it very easy to cause minor corruption so that the file, when refetched and continued, will still be invalid ZIP data.mvh,APS: Still, when I get through, the bandwidth is OK for getting the chunks, 200kbit/sec and upwards.PPS: Another nice thing would be if PMDG released the MD5/SHA1 fingerprints of the genuine zip-file and a link to some simple tools, and it would be easy to know when you have a properly resumed zip-file, or not.

Just to let you know:I had an almost similar situation about 15mins ago (0620Z). After many attempts, I finally got the 'where to save this ZIP-file' window. The strange thing was that the download started right away before it let me choose the location to save. Speed was about 300+kb (I have 8mbit ADSL). However, the 'save window' remained in the status 'getting file header information' or something like that. After approx. 10-15secs I got a 'website not responding' message, while several bytes had already been downloaded at mentioned speed :-hmmm I'm downloading (like Alexander I guess) from The Netherlands.Regards,Henk-Jan

Guest cboyes

Henk-JenI've had exactly the same thing, just as you described it. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait a bit longer...

I am not as lucky as you guys. The closest I got to is that I am aithorised to download the file. When I clicked the file, it never come back.BUT...it's a lot better than yesterday when I just got "Too many people at this site"....M Tan