Sign in to follow this  
Guest rcoultas

PMDG you risk losing your customers!

Guest rcoultas

Gor goodness sake....Give it a rest!Best Regards,Randy

Guest Matthew Murray

It's not just a case of losing customers. PMDG have to do the best with what they have - that is current server and it's technology -- they have also stated this move was in the customers best interest since any updating of the server would be reflected in future product prices...wait anothet two days...Fully Supporting PMDG On this one...and no I am not affliated with PMDG except via my purchase - not on the BETA Team...yet...lol

______________________________[bR]Matthew Murray,Boeing 737NG Captain.[bR]

Guest Henri W

Mark,As much as I am looking forward to getting SU2, I really can afford to wait another few days if necessary. To me it is hard to understand that there are so many people (not including you) that apparently have so few other important issues in their lives that their mental welfare depends on getting a software update right now. Sometimes patience is a nice thing.Best regards,Henri

Guest VetJet

Come on! It's a FREE awesome update. And it is not that important if we have to wait a few days for the problems to be solved. I have dealt with people who write software for business (with hundreds of thousand of dollars at stake) and don't give a rats _SS about updates and support. PMDG are amazing!! This is not a big deal.Whadzen

Guest Franken

Nobody is buying a $40 FS addon on a whim. If one can't get it today they'll just wait a few days and then buy it. Simple as that. I don't think PMDG is loosing any customers - just creating a bunch of frustrated ones waiting to buy this fantastic addon.

Guest ilh

And these mirrors can guarantee that customer information will be thoroughly protected as well as the intellectual property of PMDG? How can PMDG know that if they do not control the server? Come on, give it a rest. While an offer of a mirror is very generous, unfortunately, I do not think it solves the problem of properly authenticating customers.I'm quite confident PMDG is more unhappy about how the distribution of SU2 has gone than are many here in this forum.Lee Hetherington (KBED)http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest Mark Hazeldine

To the team,I appreciate your work and your fantastic product. I appreciate your support on this forum and your efforts to get this SU2 out. Thanks!I could personally wait another 2 days without moaning but i think your future reputation is hanging in the balance because of this. If you don't do something about it FAST, it may jeppardise your future sales. I personally would like an acknoledgement that your distribution system is not good enough. And wish that you would consider looking at alternatives that people have kindly suggested rather than vainly attempting to stick by your guns.Some offical statement/apology would be welcome. In advance, i forgive you! Just don't let it happen again.Thanks, the still hopeful for a successful download, Mark.

Guest crabster

Losing customers? I really don't think so. If anything it may be hurting them because they're not getting any cash flow in from sales right now.But as far as losing potential customers? Well I can for sure say that they are not going to lose me. As soon as things stabilse and they start accepting sales, I will thank them for their hard work and contribution to the flightsim hobby and buy it. I will then buy the B1900 when it's released. Andy

Guest nausea

Quote:It's not just a case of losing customers. PMDG have to do the best with what they have - that is current server and it's technology -- they have also stated this move was in the customers best interest since any updating of the server would be reflected in future product prices...wait anothet two days...unquoteCome on... PMDG really have a marketing strategie problem. First they put a plane on the market with the biggest amount of bugs in history, for (almost) the highest price as an addon ($40,-). Now they put it on a server out of the year 0. They know how many simmers bought this thing and willing to download this thing, they should have bought some extra bandwith for a week and everybody would have been happy. It's also not a big surprice that almost nobody is telling how great or bad this SU2 is, because there are only a few how's got it!!! When I was unable at Flightsim.com to get in at the release of FS2k2, I went to Avsim and stayed there. I only rearly go back if I really can't find it here at Avsim. I could have made the choice for paying, there I didn't but here I paid for it and expect to download it within a couple of hours tops! The same thing for Wilco, maybe when I get it for free (dream on) I would get something from them, otherwise not in a million years! I assume that this SU2 is tested on all kinds of ways, hopefully they put it the next time on the market with the extra bandwith so that they have learnt theire lesson well. Personally, I think that they should have done this all in the first place!Untill a week or so,John

Guest Henri W

John,Please, take a deep breath now and read your message again at some later time. It does not sound very mature, IMHO. Exaggeration is a word you seem to understand fairly well, though.Just relax. There are other more important things in life that you cannot have right here and right now.Best regards,Henri

Guest Andreu

I totally agree with you Mark.Even more, sometimes I have the clear impression that I

I think you and the others here need to take a real slow and close read of Brent Herbert's Letter to the Editor posted in that forum today. People need to understand that their behavior here and elsewhere has an impact; some times, too high an impact.

Guest stefankraan

Right you are. And have you ever seen a company that gives you updates like this? They practically give you a complete new plane for free. Companies that make such moves are hard to find in this capitalistic system. And the service is perfect. So quit moaning and just sit it out. Stefan Kraan

Guest Shaun48113

Hi Lee,This is just for future reference, it would probably take more time to set it up now than time left for everyone to download SU2. :) But you could definately do a mirror while protecting customer information. You'd just need a script on your server to authenticate, and give a script to the mirror host that works like this:Gets same id/pw from URL that's in your emailed d/l linkposts this to YOUR server (no customer information here at all)your server authenticates and replies yes or no (again no cutsomer info)if yes, download startsif no, user is out of luck :)This is a very simple thing. I can see that a real concern of yours may be the free mirror host not running the auth script and just giving the software away to everyone who visits, but certinally it is not a problem to securely and privately authenticate for the mirror yourself. It would just take a few days to write and test the scripts. Again, just an idea for next time. :)-Shaun