Sign in to follow this  
Guest stefanwa

SERVER UP AGAIN - 16DEC03 - 1242UTC

Guest Matze2912

Let's gave the team a short break.. See there posts on the forum - they are working nearly around the clock since sunday to get SU2 out

Guest statikbuzz

>it seems you run a little PC with Linux or BSD and just ONE>Cable Connection SDSL 2MBit/s as a Server. That doesnt work>with such many download requests, so many customers.>>I get many different errors while trying the download. Who>wrote that the traffic will get easier after some days of>wait? I do not see that and I even more think it will need>another week 'till I have the chance to access and download>SU2.It seems that you're completely ignorant about facts, even by looking at website headers you can tell it is a IIS5. Further more, those errors are not because low connection speed, i'm putting my bets on incorrectly coded download2.asp which totally bogs down server even in small request amounts (download2.asp contains the main file as attachment, which means user must download whole 68MB before script is fully ran through, considering the server load, this _will_ cause problems sooner or later (Script timeouts during download and so on)). My solution for this would be a queue.asp file which polls current connection pool allocated for donwloaders every 30s and then moves to download pool when acceptable (in meanwhile telling user current position in queue), reloading this page too often would drop user in back of the queue, quite simple to code if you know some ASP.PS. These are only some educated thoughts from professional webserver/java/asp coder, you might know better though as I don't have clue of your infrastructure in whole

Guest shaunm

Hi keep trying every half hour sat here in the office at work. Usually downloads very fast. Not this time. Will keep trying. Shaun

Guest mendruhn

...why dont you go back to the original way of release. I remember there were not that big problems with the first release of 737_NG.Michael

Guest AlexD_pilot

Server IS down.Why no mirrors?And why keep us on hold like this?AlexisYanesFlorida66hrs trying to download

Steve,maybe you are wrong with the number of people who are trying to download. I, for instance, have been trying since yesterday morning and do monitor the forum continuously. But I wouldn't post another angry statement because I don't believe it would be helpful. So there were any posts from me until now. And I believe there is a great number who do so as well.Greetings from Germany, Tom.

Can we please get a server status update? It has been down all morning again. The traffic is never going to decrease if nobody can ever get in.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest EIDUB

Same prob as posted by another user:"configuration:IE6 / cable connection (10,0 Mbps)Still having trouble with DAP progress 0%File download was not completed successfullyServer has internal error"I wish I didnt go out on Saterday night now after I got the email;-)Regards,Stephen

I have never gotten anything except "page cannot be found"

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Same problem,I'm getting frustrated, I'm on vacation this week and I could enjoy it if I could download it. Saturday I'll be away until April, I guess I'll be able to download it in April GGGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!I know you guys at PMDG are doing your best and I respect your work and patience, but it doesn't take away the fact that I'm frustrated. Waiting until April requires more than patience.............Dan

Guest mendruhn

...i remember a few month ago the same happened to SSW when they first released their A310. It took them quite a while to fix the problem and finally they went over to an FTP server...Michael.

Guest nutcase

At 16:19 Zulu:no change, stillthis message: There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Please try the following:Open the www.precisionmanuals.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want. Click the Refresh button, or try again later.HTTP Error 500-13 - Server too busyInternet Information ServicesSo, almost 4 days of trying to get SU2, still no joy :(Jan Roar R

Guest alanrco

NO GO HERE :(Best I've got is:QUOTEYou are Authorized for the following downloads: (We recommend Download Accelerator Plus V5.3 for downloading) File Name Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113' Script timed out /shop/shoppingcart/download.asp The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.UNQUOTEAlan

I suspect only the first few who happen to log on just after the server has been started up again can download. Then, probably after a few minutes, it just locks up tight as a clam again.I really do appreciate all the effort you guys are putting into this, and I hate to say this, but in the end I suspect you'd be better off investing into more or better hardware and professional support. This is going to drag on for weeks otherwise. The present setup obviously just can't cope.I hate to add to the negativity, but with just a few people being able to download each day, this is a very disappointing situation.Best,Martijn

Whoopee, the Dreamfleet Cardinal update is out, no problems getting it either. John