Sign in to follow this  
Guest stefanwa

SERVER UP AGAIN - 16DEC03 - 1242UTC

Guest Nigel S

Hi Guys,Im sorry that you are having such trouble with your download process, I personally have been trying to connect to your server since the moment your e-mail arrived.I admit that im not at all computer literate being maybe quite a few years older than others on this forum, 'I a spanner man, through and through!' But surly you have a major problem here, not just on this particular download, but on any future update or new product that you may release, in fact if this were a new product I fear that by now you would already have lost quite a bit of revenue.In my humble option, I think the time may have come to put your present system in the bin and look for another way of distributing your products i.e.: another server provider or CD distribution.Speaking for myself, I think your product is one of the best, your dedication to upgrades is beyond reproach, I would not hesitate in purchasing another product from you. Above all else I would not object to paying another 10 bucks or so just to get this upgrade, after all from what I have read it is really a totally different Aircraft from the first release.So how about it guys, I realise you are working hard to deliver, I just tend to think its in the wrong direction.At the moment I or should I say we can only keep trying!Regards Nigel

Captains-(as I had said - I was taking the server down... ;-) Your panic was completely undeserved...)When I do that, I am performing tests and tweaks on it by bringing it up specifically with MY IP address allowed ONLY - as such, the 403.6 error message you see is expected - I do that to test and get accurate results, instead of line noise.As of now, the Server is BACK UP. I have done further tweaks to it, but I am not entirely sure what to expect at this point.I will be posting more news for everyone, as soon as I can get a bit of rest - I've been going at it for 22 hours straight, so I am not thinking correctly anymore...I am sure Rob, when he comes online in a bit, will update you all further.One word of advice - PLEASE ABSTAIN from putting your Download Accelerators to the pedal by letting it retry constantly - it has horrible results, almost same effect as if a Denial-of-Service attack was taking place...A bit more patience... I am sure we'll get through this!

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

I think you're right Martijn. I've really tried to not say anything, but it's been obvious since midnight Saturday that the server was inadequate. The frustrating part, for me, is not so much the wait. Rather, it's the fact that PMDG could solve the whole problem in an hour by simply temporarily switching to a high-bandwidth server. Sure, it would cost a few dollars, but it's not all THAT expensive just to get over the immediate problem. And they have probably lost far more than the one-time dollar cost in goodwill and future sales. One thing for sure, they are going to have to find a cure in the future - not many of us are going to want to go through this again no matter how good the product appears to be.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest Marcelo

I think that this issue is more than a simple bottleneck..PMDG, help please?Mayday!Regards, MarceloPosted on Tuesday, Dec.16, 17:35UTC/02:45pm EDT

Guest retard_retard_retard

thanks Doug you have managed to say what i have been trying to and kept it sounding respectfull!especially agree with the part about future sales and lost revenue.will be interesting to see how long this post lasts.rgds, Callum

Guest dbw

I am getting a " file does not exist " message when attempting to download using DAPDave

Guest eker

Willing to wait and be the last man in queue. Hitting the link with no hope to get trough is just slowing down the server and delay my own download in the end. But how is the trend? Is the rate of hits going down now? Could you please calculate at what time the number of hits will equal number of downloads. Then I will give it a try.Thankseker

Guest dbw

Finally got in again to PMGD site and get " testing network performance " message, then click - download - next screen to come up is " authentication required " - inset username and password - click ok and screen keeps reverting to the " authentication required " request. Will keep trying.Dave

> I think you're right Martijn. I've really tried to not>say anything, but it's been obvious since midnight Saturday>that the server was inadequate. The frustrating part, for me,>is not so much the wait. Rather, it's the fact that PMDG could>solve the whole problem in an hour by simply temporarily>switching to a high-bandwidth server. Sure, it would cost a>few dollars, but it's not all THAT expensive just to get over>the immediate problem. And they have probably lost far more>than the one-time dollar cost in goodwill and future sales.>One thing for sure, they are going to have to find a cure in>the future - not many of us are going to want to go through>this again no matter how good the product appears to be.Doug,They *do* have a high bandwidth server - it's pretty obvious that this is happening because of a server software configuration issue and not because they're serving the file off of a Pentium II with 56k in Robert's closet! ;) :DRyan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest dbw

At the risk of appearing less than smart and getting flamed - under user name should something other than the 11 digit order confermation number be used in the user ID slot in the conformation req'd screen?

The I.D. and password screen does not need to be filled in, that is the way that DAP is saying that there are just too many people on the server and it can not connect. From what I have read the only solution is to keep on trying again. Good luck.Jeremy

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

Haven't had the link again yet since your original reset now this is all I am getting:You are not authorized to view this pageYou do not have permission to view this directory or page from the Internet address of your Web browser. If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please contact the Web site administrator by using the e-mail address or phone number listed on the www.precisionmanuals.com home page.HTTP 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address rejectedInternet Information ServicesTechnical Information (for support personnel)Background:This error is caused when the server has a list of IP addresses that are not allowed to access the site, and the IP address you are using is in this list. More information:Microsoft Support