Sign in to follow this  
Guest bdiregolo

SU2 Sound Problem?

Guest bdiregolo

Hey guys,Got my plane downloaded and everything. Its very nice..excellent work PMDG well worth the wait guys...I have a question though...when I am in the 600/700 main 2D cockpit i get this annoying noise that almost sounds like a helicopter engine. Is anyone else having this problem or am I just not doing something right on the cockpit? I dont get the sound in spotplane, virtual cockpit, or in tower...just in 2D...any suggestions?

LOL, that's how the real NG sounds! The REC FAN and STBY ATT are the culprits. Richard Probst's 727 has the same STBY ATT noise and yes this is the way it is suppose to be. Any NG pilot has to turn off the REC FAN just to hear themselfs think ;) Open up the PMDG' option MENU, there is a cockpit sound slider, you can lower the sound OR turn it off.. Because of a FS limitation, the sounds are set for the 2D panels, you will not hear those in other views, it was 2D only or all views, the a compremise was needed.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

To add to Randy's comments, you can also shut of the REC FAN by throwing the switch in the overhead panel.

Guest bdiregolo

Thanks for the quick reply

Guest bdiregolo

Thanks for the quick reply