Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crash_Hawk

US Air ( New colours) Beechcraft B1900D

Please Mike or Anniette can you help me! I started painting the Beech in the US Air new colours, spent absolutely hours trying to get the colours right to find that there are some parts of the aircraft I can`t paint!The wing root and that bit in front of the tailfin.I`m gutted, I thought this was going to be a great paint.(so there you go guys and gals check your textures before you start!)I hope I`m wrong otherwise it`s in the trash can!regards:-(

Hi ,I do not know if this helps you but the bit in front of tail is on the tail texture and the wing root is on wing texture.THis may help you but with new aircraft i never painted ,what i do is i colour block a whole texture folder so this means little diferant colored blocks all over the texture files then you start flight sim and you can see by the colour patern what goes where on the texture file :)it is a easy way of understanding how this map is then made and for contours you do many colored lines coming from the blocks ,this i found very usefull on the cessna fedex repaint.You can then keep this multi colored texture folder as referance for your repaints and it saves much time :)I maby release one as a alivery that would be way colorfull lolAny way do not trash can it as it already looks so nice it is nearly there and I hope this helps you abit Alpha xxxxxxxxxxxxxxIf you look at mikes textures they show where the tail is painted to enclude the front piece :)

Your USAirways repaint looks great! I hope you were able to work out the kinks with the painting...will it be uploaded soon? :)George

yes if you are still having trouble send me your texture and i will mark them for you :)Alpha xxxxxxxxx

Oh yeah, sorry guys I got seriously side tracked, spent the last few day plane spotting!...well sort of ,reskining the PAI busses with IADGskins..drool!.....I`ll finish the US Air today.p.s the bus paints will not be availiable for upload.:-cool

I`ve just seen an excellent Impulse Air B1900D repaint by "notconnected" or real name Michel, at the screenshots forum, who appears to have the same wing root texture problem...well we`ll just have to ignore it!regards

Guest Crash_Hawk

Ed,First, nice painting. I look forward to it's release. As to your question. The leading edge (front) of the tail is the white portion next to the coloured USAir portion. I know this doesn't make sense, but when you open the bmp of the USAir B 1900 there are the two blue tail textures that you see on either side. The rest is white. The white area is the leading edge. The texture 'overlaps' the actual modeled tail. That being said don't make the flag on the tail to large you have a partial flag actually on the tail. I'm sorry that my 'talk through' method isn't the best and a picture is worth a thousand words, however being at work has enslaved me to simple words. I hope I have helped in any way.Regards,Crash