Sign in to follow this  
mackintosh

No joy - installer problem

Well, finally got the file after 4 days, but now the installer doesn't work. It gets to the point where it should install the files, but then it says "Skipping file C:WindowsFontsArialn.ttf" and simply hangs. Do I shoot myself now? :D

Yep, absolutely. Checked and doublechecked, can't see any reference to the previous install anywhere.

XP SP1, FS9...can't really think of anything else that would bother the installer. I'll try shutting down everything but the essential things, maybe that will help.

Guest ba747heavy

Mack,I hate to say this, but perhaps redownloading the installer might be the solution if you can't figure out what is causing the errors...

Guest falcon99

Before you download the installer, a couple more question...Are you signed into XP as an administrator? Also, try renaming the font file and then try the install again.Have not heard about this problem with others yet, so let's try a few things before you start over.Georgehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Thanks for the quick replies. It was something in the system, I ran the installer after shutting down everything bar explorer and essential services (which I should have done before running to the forums anyway, but I guess frustration got the better of my otherwise sound judgement ;)) and it went smoothly from there. Unfortunately I have no idea what exactly was causing the problem, since I killed them all at once, rather than going step by step.

Guest Philip Olson

I ran across this problem too and here is the culprit, at least in my case, MSIMN.EXE. I did not have my email program running at the time but for some reason it stays active on occasion even after exit of Outlook Express. As soon as I closed that the installer took off like a shot. Just a little helpful info for anyone else that might encounter this.Philip