Sign in to follow this  
Guest SBDenali

MCP Text Color Question SU2

Guest SBDenali

Hey guys (probably Randy in particular)I noticed on some of the pictures that people have their text set to blue, while others are the usual orange text and a lighter orange background. My question is, is this something that is now selectable? If that's so, I can't wait to change mine to white, can someone confirm / deny this for me?I just downloaded SU2 Successfully, but as I'm already in flight on VATSIM, I'm not going to stop it just to install it now.Andy CleeremansZLA Chief Instructor

Guest SBDenali

LOL!WOW guys, you AMAZE me, that post wasn't up for more than 15 seconds, and Randy AND Bob pegged it.Thanks guys!Andy

Guest keith_yingling

Im assuming this is where we can change the Flight director too right?Keith

Guest Mark McG

Follow up Q to this:Can the MCP LCD display background colour be changed.I have changed the text colour to a Blue, and would like the Background to be a dark blue/black colour rather than the orange background when night lit.Later

No it cannot Mark. As a sidenote, this style of MCP only has orange digits, there is not an option on the real bird to change this. The newer Collins MCPs have a blue/white digit look with green lights on the MCP bottons, pretty neat but I still perfer the older ones.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest Mark McG

Hi Randy,seen that on Eurocypria's 737-800's.I think it looks pretty cool like that.

Guest heliosair

Where did you see the Eurocypria one???

Guest Mark McG

At work ;)Thomas, I work at EGPF. 1 of the airlines I work with is Eurocypria. I have been on all their 737-800's.

Guest Mark McG

Ah yes,The Collins 737 MCP. The one that combines the best bits of the Big Boeing MCP's with the Original 737 one.