Sign in to follow this  
Guest sparrows

Noise after activating Main Battery

Guest sparrows

Hello,whats this awful tickering noise in the cockpit after activating Main battrey Switch ? I had this in 1.1 only with external Power active. Now the nois keeps staying the whole time. I can

Peter,welcome to as real as it gets in the 737NG cockpit! The real bird also makes this 'racket'. You can lower the sound a bit by going up to the PMDG menu item and lowering down the overall sound. It will also lower all sounds in the cockpit, ATC included. I believe real 737 jockeys turn off the offending instrument which I think has something to do with the A/C. Search for this topic and you'll find a better explanation.

Guest ba747heavy

This is the recirc fan making noise, in addition to the standyby altimeter. Obviously, you can turn off the recirc fan(which the real NG pilots do AFAIK), but the standby altimeter ticking you have to live with ;)

Guest sparrows

Thanks.so i have to sing my favorite AC/DC songs while flying :-)) Thanks a lot.ANDIt ist the best Simulation Plane, the reference for all simmers.Peter

No, you can select the REC FAN (on the overhead) to OFF (NG pilots MUST do this to hear themselfs hehe), the *ticking* you are stuck with but like Pete said you can set them to a lower level or to OFF from the PMDG/OPTIONS menu ;)[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg