Sign in to follow this  
Guest PaulL01

DX8.1b download for all you Win98 and Me users....

Guest PaulL01

The link on the front page link does not seem to provide a way to access the DX8.1b download for win98 and WinMe so until the link is "patched" you can gain access here:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release...earch&ordinal=3I wonder if this will fix some of the z-buffer buffer problems with certain surfaces and objects in FS2k2, Hhmmmmmm?Anyone who can post info on any differances or "fixes" that they notice with DX8.1b?

Guest Claviateur

Thanks for the link, I was pulling my hair trying to find it on the main DirectX site. However are you sure that the file is the 8.1b? Actually the file name has no "b" in it and the dowload process mentioned 8.1 only no "b". So I wonder if the link is made to the old 8.1 file?CheersMichel

Hi Paul,How about XP? I know that DX 8.1 is included in XP- but are we able to update it like in 98 and ME? Or- is this a part of the continual update process that goes on with XP?Thanks,Bruce.

I'll guarantee you one thing, I won't be the first one to try it in my WinXP installation :-)Trip

Guest gasebah

Yep, volunteers step forward.Alex

I installed in on win 98se.Still get cloud/mountain shimmey.I don't notice any gains.

Thanks Trip, I think I'll take the side-lines like you guys and see what others come up with! I see SP1 is up soon (maybe now?) for XP, maybe it's incluided in that?Bruce.

98SE here...Voodoo5...I guess this card wouldn't benefit from any Dx developments now...Dx8.1b installed fine...Dx Diagnostics reports no problems...Fs2K2 runs fine...looks great...nothing new there then.PH

Guest PaulL01

The page states it is DX8.1b and the Instalation exe is digitally stamped June 5th 2002, so I think you can count on it as being DX8.b :)

I wasnt sure there were many of us V5 users left! Im still happy with this card, but I think much longer and we are gonna be dissapointed. Some things coming down the pike just won't look very good with this card.Hornit

Guest flightpro08

I'm not sure I understand this installation. Is there any fully automatic .exe file for XP users similar to the ME/98 installation?Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolTaxiwaysigns.com