Sign in to follow this  
Guest bigun

Stop and Think

Guest bigun

I'm really glad that PMDG has apparently ironed out the problem with the server. It appears that a lot of folks are downloading and beginning to enjoy SU2. I just hope that the individuals that were so quick to start jumping all over Robert and his crew will pause for a moment and think. Think about some of the totally off the wall and, in my opinion out of line comments that they have made. I don't claim to have ever been involved in the distribution of downloaded software, because I haven't. I can well imagine that PMDG was overwhelmed with the instant demand for this update(I'm sure happily so). But, I'm also sure they didn't expect the server to go haywire. At that point they were probably much more frustrated with the situation then any of us. It is obvious that PMDG cares about customer service, and the Flight Simulator community. All they could do at this point, they did do. That is bust there butts to get everything up and running as quickly as possible. I, for one am glad that we have developers like PMDG. I just hope they can overlook some of the nonsense that has been voiced by some folks over the last few days.Steps down off of soap box

Guest ba747heavy

Well said sir! I have to agree with all of your points, and I wish to add that I have been involved with PMDG for some time. I know that no matter what, the PMDG team will be there to fix any problem, do anything that is required to get people the service they desire. What more can you ask for?

hi,Yea right, most of those folks who are so quick to bash people would never stop to think or even apologize. Their brain would overload much like the server if they stopped to think about what they have done or what they are doing for that matter. These people are never happy and always find something to complain about.BTW Great job pmdg you have a customer for life here. :-)My 2 centsAndrew

Guest bigun

Last comment on this by me, I promise:)Unfortunately, the anonymity of the web sometimes brings the worst out in people. I try to keep my comments and remarks on the same level that I would use when I am talking with someone face to face ie: give the person/persons the respect they give to me. I have had the opportunity on several occasions to meet face to face with individuals that were "less than kind" with remarks via e-mail or forums. I am 6'5", 345 pounds(hence the nickname "bigun"). It's amazing how different their personality is when we are looking "eyeball to eyeball") :)

There are a couple of folks around here that are always very respectful and helpful, like Tord, John_Tavendale , Matthew Murray, Mark McG to name a few, and of course you, I take lessons from these guys (I have a little ways to go lol) ........[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest bigun

Absolutely right Randy! The flip side is that 99% of the folks on this forum are respectful and helpful. Heck, I think I spend more time on the forum than I do flying this great bird. I enjoy most of the folks and definately learn a lot. And for that I am thankful and grateful.

Guest Floyd312

George said: It's amazing how different their personality is when we are looking "eyeball to eyeball"Well George, at 5'7" I'm afraid that I would be looking at you "eyeball to chest" :-eek ... and I would be very very courteous :-lolDon

Guest B742FAN

Well put George. :)___Josh