Sign in to follow this  
crvm

So you desire WING VIEWS without LEAVING the 2D panel??...

If you can live without the REAR LEFT and REAR RIGHT COCKPIT panels and have the WING VIEWS displayed in their place this info is for you! Currently if you choose the 2D only aircraft you must *click* VC (which gives you a view without a forward panel like pushing W) and THEN look rear left and right to view the WING VIEWS. I am a 2D panel flyer and love to just hold my joystick HAT SWITCH to look at the WING VIEWS or simply press numbers 1-3 on the keyboard KEYPAD without having to first click VC for a blank panel to view them etc. So please understand a few things before changing, PMDG does not SUPPORT any tweaking, so with this understood see how SIMPLE it is to have the wing views displayed in the 2D model only without having to click the blank VC view first. 1] Make a BACKUP of your PANEL CFG file! Please!!!!!!!! 2] Open your PMDG 737-700 PANEL FOLDER and open the PANEL CFG file. 3] Locate these entries, the hightlited entries will need to be replaced with this main.bmp[/b //--------------------------------------------------------{Fixed Window33}file=[b]737NG_LB.bmp position=7visible=0ident=33render_3d_window=1window_size= 1.000, 1.000window_pos= 0.000, 0.000//-------------------------------------------------------- AND//--------------------------------------------------------(Fixed Window35)file=737NG_RB.bmp position=7visible=0ident=35render_3d_window=1window_size= 1.000, 1.000window_pos= 0.000, 0.000[h3]Now it looks like this[/h3]//--------------------------------------------------------{Fixed Window33}file=main.bmp position=7visible=0ident=33render_3d_window=1window_size= 1.000, 1.000window_pos= 0.000, 0.000//-------------------------------------------------------- AND//--------------------------------------------------------(Fixed Window35)file=main.bmp position=7visible=0ident=35render_3d_window=1window_size= 1.000, 1.000window_pos= 0.000, 0.000 Thats it! You can now stay in the 2D panel and simply look to your rear left and right with your joystick or keypad to see the wing views. Enjoy!! Here is what you had and get ;) I left out the right wing cause I can only put 3 pics in here.. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/53126.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/53127.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/53128.jpg[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

This was really a great and much appreciated tip Randy, thanks alot - can't wait to try it out as soon as I get home!!Cheers,

Richard Åsberg

Guest mvf1981

Hi Ranjy,Now that truely is a cool piece of code to addthanks for posting I think it looks much better!Thanks :)Mark

WOW - thanks for that Randy - much appreciated.Maybe with the new release a Tips and Tricks sticky should be started.Bill

I think that is a good idea and I noticed in another thread Randy already started with a kind of FAQ for SU2 - great initiative!Cheers,

Richard Åsberg

Guest mokeiko

aloha randy. i was just in the air a few minutes ago replaying my landing video. it sure does save me from cycling views all the time. thanks for that excellent tip.

Speaking about landings and views, the new animated flaps are really outstanding in this new release, great work done there!! In SU1, you hardly noticed the flaps in down position even when you had them fully extended.Have a feeling where my time will go during the holidays ;-)Cheers,

Richard Åsberg

Guest cola

Hi Randy,thank you for your terrifc tweak. I would like to ask you a favour.Unfortunately I'm not a rocket-scientist. I tried to tweak the viewin SU1 without any result. Maybe you can help me out.Here my Q:I would like to have a nose-view "NUMLOCK 5" using a bitmap ofa nose view from a/c.Can you help me to fiddle out the code in orderto let it work? Hope I could explain my question :-))) I'm poor in english. I learned english reading forums .-)Thanky a lotConstantin L.

Guest CFG3430

Hi Randy,I use this thread for another question to you: But first: Thanx for your effort to support, keep the moods up here (during waiting periods).This one is one that was discussed for version 1 but I never got to solve it for my maschine: What I would like to do is make the FMC a little bigger - and that it stays like this when I close the session, and make it pop up in the right upper part of the window instead of left side middle. The throttle is now exactly where it should be but FMC or FMS should be in the right side too. What do I have to do...?

Guest ntsmith

Thanks for the tip. Very much apreciated together with SU2. Took me a few days of litrally constant trying and time outs but very much worth it.

>Hi Randy,>>I use this thread for another question to you: >But first: Thanx for your effort to support, keep the moods up>here (during waiting periods).>>This one is one that was discussed for version 1 but I never>got to solve it for my maschine: What I would like to do is>make the FMC a little bigger - and that it stays like this>when I close the session, and make it pop up in the right>upper part of the window instead of left side middle. The>throttle is now exactly where it should be but FMC or FMS>should be in the right side too. What do I have to do...?> Here I have put it exactly where the throttle shows and BIGGER. You are welcome to adjust to your liking, just look at these numbers compared to what you have. You will need to play with the POS number to get it to your wanted position. Areas changed are highlited and set the CDU on the right and bigger.... I am not 100% sure but I think IF you place it (move it manually around in game) and close/reopen it will STAY where you last manually left it, so place it correctly in the CFG and avoid that.//--------------------------------------------------------(Window05) // PMDG_CDU_PANELfile=737NGFMC.bmp file_1024=737NGFMC.bmp size_mm=600,800pixel_size=600,800position=2visible=0ident=GPS_PANELwindow_size= 1.000, 1.000window_pos= 0.63,0.25gauge01=PMDG_737NG_Main!CDU, 0,0,600,800,L[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Hello Randy and everyone else in here,I tried your tip Randy and it worked just fine. But...since I'm also a 2D panel flyer and like a real child at Christmas when it comes to wing views I remembered having a tip from someone else quite some time ago how to make wing views for a freeware a/c I was using at that time.Now I thought that maybe it would be possible to use that together with this a/c as well if I just tweaked everything a little bit. That is what I've done now tonight and personally I'm very satisfied by the result.Here is what you should do to have it work if you would like to try it out yourself, and as usual MAKE A BACKUP first if you don't like it!!Open your panel.cfg file here -> C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9AircraftPMDG737-700panelAfter this section in the panel.cfg file----------------------------------------------------------------[VIEWS]VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=20,21,22,23VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=3.5,0.0,0.0VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_WINDOWS=30VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_DIR=1.7, 0.0, 45VIEW_RIGHT_WINDOWS=34VIEW_RIGHT_DIR=2.4, 0.0, 90VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_WINDOWS=35VIEW_REAR_WINDOWS=36VIEW_REAR_LEFT_WINDOWS=33VIEW_LEFT_WINDOWS=32VIEW_LEFT_DIR=2.6, 0.0, 270VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_WINDOWS=31VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_DIR=2.7, 0.0, 315VIEW_DOWN_WINDOWS=37VIEW_DOWN_DIR=11.0, 0.0, 0.0----------------------------------------------------------------add this----------------------------------------------------------------VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_UP_WINDOWS=39 // RIGHT WING VIEWVIEW_REAR_RIGHT_UP_DIR=0.00, 0.00, 105VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_UP_EYE=-1.80, -0.25,-14.00 VIEW_REAR_LEFT_UP_WINDOWS=40 // LEFT WING VIEWVIEW_REAR_LEFT_UP_DIR=0.00, 0.00, 255VIEW_REAR_LEFT_UP_EYE=2.90, -0.25, -14.00VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_UP_WINDOWS=41 // LEFT ENGINE VIEWVIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_UP_DIR=10.00, 00.00, 204VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_UP_EYE=-1.10, 0.00, 5.00VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_UP_WINDOWS=42 // RIGHT ENGINE VIEWVIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_UP_DIR=10.0, 0.00, 156VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_UP_EYE=2.10, -0.00, 5.00----------------------------------------------------------------so you get a result looking like this----------------------------------------------------------------[VIEWS]VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=20,21,22,23VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=3.5,0.0,0.0VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_WINDOWS=30VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_DIR=1.7, 0.0, 45VIEW_RIGHT_WINDOWS=34VIEW_RIGHT_DIR=2.4, 0.0, 90VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_WINDOWS=35VIEW_REAR_WINDOWS=36VIEW_REAR_LEFT_WINDOWS=33VIEW_LEFT_WINDOWS=32VIEW_LEFT_DIR=2.6, 0.0, 270VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_WINDOWS=31VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_DIR=2.7, 0.0, 315VIEW_DOWN_WINDOWS=37VIEW_DOWN_DIR=11.0, 0.0, 0.0VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_UP_WINDOWS=39 // RIGHT WING VIEWVIEW_REAR_RIGHT_UP_DIR=0.00, 0.00, 105VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_UP_EYE=-1.80, -0.25,-14.00 VIEW_REAR_LEFT_UP_WINDOWS=40 // LEFT WING VIEWVIEW_REAR_LEFT_UP_DIR=0.00, 0.00, 255VIEW_REAR_LEFT_UP_EYE=2.90, -0.25, -14.00VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_UP_WINDOWS=41 // LEFT ENGINE VIEWVIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_UP_DIR=10.00, 00.00, 204VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_UP_EYE=-1.10, 0.00, 5.00VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_UP_WINDOWS=42 // RIGHT ENGINE VIEWVIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_UP_DIR=10.0, 0.00, 156VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_UP_EYE=2.10, -0.00, 5.00----------------------------------------------------------------What this will give you is two different wing views both to the left and right side of the a/c and furthermore you will not loose any other views with this method and you can still stay in the 2D cockpit all the time not having to enter "virtual" cockpit mode by pressing 'S' first. You access the different views by holding down CTRL+SHIFT and then pressing 1,3,7 or 9 on the numeric keypad. You can also make the view 'sticky' (having it stay) by letting the keys go in the following order: SHIFT->numeric key on the keypad(1,3,7 or 9)->CTRL. This is great when the autopilot is flying for you and you just want to enjoy the beautiful surroundings...or maybe you own great landing during a instant replay ;-) To get back from you wing view, simply press any of the keypad buttons once and you will be back in cockpit.Hope I managed to describe in a way that is understandable, otherwise please ask and I'll try to help you if I can.Will try to include some screenshots here showing these views, although I'm not sure whether it will work since it for some reason seldom does for me.All the best and happy flying everyone!!

Richard Åsberg

...and just like I thought the screenshots didn't work, how do you include those anyway here in this forum :-)?! I follow the three steps after clicking on "Click here to choose your attachments" but it never works...Well, you will just have to try it out and see for yourself instead :-)Cheers,

Richard Åsberg

Guest Toni Rauch

.... or you can simply add 'REM' to that line and immediately after it, add the new line so it'll look like this: {Fixed Window33}REMfile=737NG_LB.bmp file=main.bmpposition=7visible=0ident=33render_3d_window=1window_size= 1.000, 1.000window_pos= 0.000, 0.000and:{Fixed Window35}REMfile=main.bmp file=main.bmpposition=7visible=0ident=35render_3d_window=1window_size= 1.000, 1.000window_pos= 0.000, 0.000Then save the panel.cfg and it works fine.Toni.