Sign in to follow this  
Guest rici

SU2 great: but problems

Guest rici

Hiya, firstly, let me say that this is fantastic! I love your VC, and in combination with active camera 2004, this is going to stay on my hard drive for a VERY long time!however I have noticed some problems with the sound,firstly, the radio altimeter sounds only play once, and the the 2500 call does not play at all. This is very annoying on a flight with 2 or more legs because I only hear the altitude calls and minimums calls once. Is there a way to fix this? I did bring it up before and you said that it was fixed in SU2, but it's not.Secondly, sounds such as the AP disconnect, flap lever, GPWS, RA etc are not playing in the VC mode, this is a bit of a shame because I LOVE this view, as do many others I'm sure, but it is annoying not to hear the cockpit noises in this view. Can this be fixed?Lastly, I cannot get failures to work, I can set them OK, but after this, nothing. I set the time, it reaches 0 and then nothing happens.Not a moan, just seeing if they can be fixed.CheersRichard

I will have to dig up the information on the 2500' call for you, it does work correctly but if I recall correctly is not going by RA. I will get back to you later on this. The sounds not in the other than the 2D forward panels are made that way, flight sim does not give you the option to have them the way you want them. It's either have the sound in ALL views (including spot view) or just in the 2D panels, so this is the compromise, for more inforamtaion see this thread. http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=29465&page=2[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest RobertK

>Lastly, I cannot get failures to work, I can set them OK, but>after this, nothing. I set the time, it reaches 0 and then>nothing happens.Same here for me, some failures (like electrical) work, most do not, nothing happens for example at birdstrike, fires, hydraulics.Regards,Robert

Guest rici

Thanks for answering Q2. I can live with that!!!

Randy-I understand the sounds are not available in VC mode, but I receive limited sounds when in the landing/approach view. I only hear the engines and the recirc fan - no callouts (V1/Rotate, etc).Is this excpected and if so, is there anyway we can add them (like maybe a gauge?).Thanks for such a fantastic product. I'm having the time of my life flying this bird around.

Guest Murf

"the radio altimeter sounds only play onceI have noticed the same thing. They work fine on the first landing, but subsequent landings they remain silent unless you reload the aircraft before beginning the next flight.I don't think this problem is unique to PMDG though, as this used to happen with the PIC767 as well.