Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pittsburgh

SU2: DILS?

Guest Pittsburgh

Hi All, First of all, let me express my happiness over finally having gotten SU2 downloaded and installed. What beauty. I set up a flight from EKCH to EGLL and noticed when I planned the approach into London that all the runways in the Approach Page were listed as DILS27L etc and also as 27L. I have briefly skimmed the manuals, but have come up emptyhanded. Anyone?Thanks for a great plane and a solid piece of work, PMDG!Boaz

Guest mendruhn

Don't know for sure, but it could mean DME-ILS(ILS equipped with DME)Michael

Guest tmetzinger

>Don't know for sure, but it could mean DME-ILS(ILS equipped>with DME)>>MichaelThats Correct.

Guest rellehenk

the DILS' of EHAM do not work. Always a DISCO message :(

Guest mvf1981

Floris,I have added a full approach for the REDFA star at EHAM. you can try it if you like (at your own risk but I think you will like it)add these fixes to the EHAM star under fixesFIX EH606 LATLON N 52 25.3 E 004 23.2FIX EH612 LATLON N 52 19.6 E 004 22.5FIX SOKSI LATLON N 52 14.2 E 004 21.8FIX EH613 LATLON N 52 12.5 E 004 27.7FIX EH614 LATLON N 52 12.4 E 004 31.5FIX CH LATLON N 52 13.2 E 004 33.4FIX EH609 LATLON N 52 14.0 E 004 35.7FIX EH616 LATLON N 52 15.2 E 004 38.8add this to the approaches section under approachesAPPROACH SUG1A FIX EH606 FIX EH612 FIX SOKSI 4000 SPEED 220 FIX EH613 FIX EH614 2900 SPEED 190 FIX EH609 FIX EH616 1275 SPEED 160 RNW 06 TRK 059 UNTIL 3000This is my first ammendment/addon for the star and it is the published approach for rnw 06 that is used by the dutch VACC website (redfa star sugol 1A approach) I made this for fun try it it should work good of course back up the eham star sid first!THANKYOU Terry Yingling for your great tutorial ;) without this tutorial I would have not been able to add these to my star!Thankyou.All the best Mark.the discos will appear just click wpt below and then add that to the line of 4 square boxes and that should fix your problems in that respect well have fun :)

Guest rellehenk

Thanks Mark.I also made approaches for myself, but in the real FMC there is also an option to fly the ILS06SPL-CH-HDG186 for 1 minute- back to CH- ILS06I do not know how I can let the airplane fly a heading for 1 minute.How do I program this in the sidstar file??

Guest mvf1981

ahh,Well now this is what i wanted to know as well as you can see I have not managed to put this into my approach ;)I would like to know the answer to this too!Oh well maybe the master could come back to us on this one - what ya say Terry :)Thanks Mark.

Guest stang

Howdy Floris>I do not know how I can let the airplane fly a heading for 1>minute.>How do I program this in the sidstar file??Sorry there is no command for this type of action. You could fake it but it would be a lot of work with a graphic flight planner. You would have to construct the route and then determine where the 1 minute should start. If this is already a fix then good otherwise you would have to make a fix at that point. Then you would have to figure out how far the plane would fly in 1 minute from that fix and make another fix there. Not a nice way to do it though. A second way would be to do the same as above for the 1st fix but use HDG UNTIL DIST FROM NAVAID for the 1 minute location. You would still have to figure out how far the plane would go in 1 minute though. RegardsTerry

Hello guys,I have not looked at this particular charts, but usualy, if there is a 1 minute outbound leg, it start either from a fix, this fix could either a VOR, VORDME, NDB, a DME (ex: 5.5DMEFROM A STATION).To calculate the distance flown in one minute, this is very easy:60kt is 1Nm per minutes120kt is 2Nm perminute180kt is 3NM per minute240kt is 4Nm per minute.After that you just need to know at which speed you want to fly this approach, and normaly this is not done at speed greater than 220 kt, and it is 3.7Nm per minute.Hope this help.Cpt Cyrille de Lattrewww.corporateaviationservices.comAsus P4P800/P4 2.4 giga/1.5 giga DDR/Ati 9700 pro 128 meg

OOPS, ONE MORE THING:This is just a way to figure where to put your fixes, cause in real life, we have to time the outbound leg, in accordance with wind.For this kind of leg, if it is 1 minute outbound, with the return it gives another minute, assuming no wind, then again 1 minute for the 180

Guest rellehenk

Thanks CyrilleSounds difficult, but I am going to take a look at it ;)Regards