Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flusifan

A perfect flight - right up until...

Guest Flusifan

I have the same Problem!Please help :(Michaelwww.flusifan.de

Guest Flusifan

Sorry for this 7 Postings. I don

Guest jmendes

Hi,I had the same problem with my first flight from CYVR to KGEG with the upgrade, although the steering wasn't wild. After landing and slowing down, the nose wriggled back-and-forth a few degrees. I was not using my yoke and rudder pedals, just the keyboard.For some reason I thought it was because (I believe) I still had the autopilot on and the plane was still trying to track the ILS down the runway centerline. I think when I turned off the autopilot I was able to steer just fine.Jim Mendes

Guest Ray CYYZ

Agreed Jim, sounds very much like the autopilot was still on and attempting to keep the plane on the centerline which results in wild gear stearing as the plane lands and overruns the ILS.Make sure you hit that big "Autopilot Disconnect Bar", not just turn off your autothrottle.Ray

Guest DrJimi

First test hop with SU2, a simple KJFK-KMHT. Perfect, right up until touchdown. Vref of 130, Flaps 30. Nice flare, and the mains hit just beyond the numbers. Nose started to drop, and just maybe I was a little eager with the reverse thrust. Nose wheel came down and seemed to bounce. Shortly thereafter (slowing through about 70kts) the steering went wild, almost like a commanded full-right nosewheel. Moving the rudder left caused a full-left at about 90% left rudder control deflection. Aanything less caused a revert to full right nosewheel deflection. Almost uncontrolable. Came to a stop and cleaned it up (flaps, etc.). Same problem attempting to taxi.First time I have ever seen this behavior. Maybe I blew a nosewheel tire? I did not yet get the time to try and reproduce this, but will this evening. I did check the joystick/rudder calibratiron and all was correct.Best, Jimi

Guest Ken_Salter

cleaned it up for you :-)

Guest Flusifan

When should i disconnect the Autopilot? After Touch down ? I want a Autoland!Gruss Michaelwww.flusifan.de

Guest Ray CYYZ
http://www.fmcguide.com/media/profiles.pdfTake a read through the AUTOLAND section.I can't stress enough how valuable Bill's books are not to mention the billions of useful tips hidden inside. They are not for the tame (ie: do not consider them to be tutorials), but if you want to fly the real thing the real way, it is worth the investment.Ray

Guest Flusifan

Thank you, but my English is not very good. Taht

Guest Ray CYYZ

Ok, the short of it:Disable the autopilot as soon as wheels down. There is no mode that will hold it on the runway centerline.Ray

Guest Ray CYYZ

I understand that Randy, but I suspect that people are thinking because the A/T gets switched off automatically that the A/P has the same feature. It does not, hence the wonderful ground loops the aircraft will perform as it travels down the runway and stay fixed on the ILS which is now behind the plane ;)Ray