Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flusifan

A perfect flight - right up until...

Guest DrJimi

Apologies - forgot to mention. Once stopped on the runway I (belatedly) turned off A and B CMD A/Ps (first thing I though of). No change. Nosewheel still at full right, despite centered rudder pedals. I'll try a simple circuit and bump at KMHT early this evening and report back if (or not) I can repeat the behavior. I'll also repeat the entire flight.The ONLY other change between this and any other 737NG flight I had flown (apart from being SU2 of course) was I set the Cost Index to 500 and not my usual 999. I did notice the A/P control seems a little "sluggish" at times and noticed the airspeed being barely exceeded a few times, but I can't see how the cost index change could affect the landing. Just FYI.Thanks, Jimi

Guest DrJimi

Just to close the loop - could NOT reproduce the observed nosewheel steer problem over 3 further flights, including a simple KMHT-CON-AS-MHT-KMHT35 loop around the airport, repeating the KJFK-KMHT plan to ILS17 (full ILS) and again to visual 35 (using CWS).I thus conclude it was an isolated FS9 "undiscovered feature".This aircraft is just too addictive. I need sleep...or coffee, but I couldn't get the attendant call button on the overhead to go "pong" :-kewl /Jimi