Sign in to follow this  
simon2

EGLL SID/STARS FILE

I have just uploaded my sid/stars file for EGLL, I will upload most of the rest of the UK's major airports tomorrow.I plan to update these files monthly and refine them at the same time as my writing skills with SU2 improve.These sid/stars files should be used with the latest airac.The unzipped text files are placed into:-C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002PMDGSIDSTARSC:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9PMDGSIDSTARSI am busy for the rest of the day now, so will upload some more files tomorrow.http://homepage.ntlworld.com/simon.butler2...usefulfiles.htmSimonI have just found an error that I will try to fix quickly. Its going to take longer than I initially thought, I will have some time tomorrow morning to fix the problem.Simon

Guest BigginOnTheBump

SimonThanks for your hard work with these:-) I was going to do some myself using the latest AERAD charts but sounds as though you have it in hand!Have finally installed SU2 after three long days of waiting. Hoping it will be worth it (initial impressions are very good!).RegardsPeter West(8NM EAST EGLL UNDERNEATH 27RIGHT!)

Guest Pittsburgh

Hi Simon, I take you fly in and out of EGLL quite often. I have noticed that when I approach EGLL, I cannot seem to get a localizer capture, and further, I never even see a trace of a glide slope. I have validated that my radios are tuned (and indicated on the PFD). I have double checked with the scenery in FS (by using Map View). Have you experienced anything like that? I am using the add-on scenery by Gary somthing... The scenery that was once part of UK2000.Thanks, :-waveBoazEKCH

PMFJI Boaz and Simon.I have the Gary Sumons UK2000 scenery and have just checked out the main EGLL runways in the Cessna and get ILS & G/S on all 4 (09L&R/27L&R) and the frequencies shown in the default map view are correct, there is no ILS for 05/23. All this in FS9.The only thing I can think of is that you are missing an update or another scenery file is overwriting the EGLL ILS, although I would have thought that unlikely.Suggest you visit Gary's web site and check for updates and also check the forum to see if anyone else has had this problem.http://www.uk2000scenery.bizland.com/puplic/index.htmAt least you know it should work Boaz :-)

If you are doing all the Uk airports Simon you have too much time on your hands :-lol

Since installing SU2 and SID/STARS database (as recommended by PMDG) I don't appear to have ANY ILS frequencies for the airports I regularily fly from. Flew out of Glasgow EGPF last night for touch and goes - no ILS frequency although the FMC accepted the route info I input (but when tuning in the Glasgow RW23 ILS there is no DME for the ILS (used the GOW VOR/DME instead).To test this I then flew out of Seattle/Tacoma Int on RW 16Left - once again tuned into the ILS frequency but nothing appears to be there:-(Anyone else had this problem? I'll download Simon's latest UK SID/STARS tonight and see if it works at EGLL/EGKK.RegardsAdam Moore

Hi Adam,Having the same problem with major Eastern Canadian airports (CYOW, CYYZ, CYUL). Some runways missing entirely (CYYZ's 24L, Toronto) or in some instances no SID/Stars at all. I'm hoping I dont have to manually update every Canadian/American airport... Is there a tool out there to update???Thanks all for the help,MikeCVA411

Mike Normandeau

Montreal, Canada

Hi MikeAs far as I am aware there is another thread going discussing errors with the SID/STAR info - not sure whether this includes any problems with the AIRAC database for the 737NG. I know one can manually build/modify the SID/STAR files but no idea if its possible to add such things as ILS frequencies so the FMC recognises them.Anyone else missing ILS/RW info in their FMC?Adam Moorewww.flightpix.tk

Hello AdamI did a quick circuit at Glasgow earlier with the default scenery and sidstar file from the main download from PMDG, in fs9 and picked up the ILS no problem, information freq and front course were shown in the fmc.Simon

Adam, how large was your download? I've been hearing on other threads that their files were above 68mb. My download was 67mb. I'm wondering if I am missing AIRAC info???Thanks,Mike

Mike Normandeau

Montreal, Canada

MikeThe AIRAC database has to be downloaded separately to the 737NG file - it is available from http://www.navdata.at/ - same with the SID/STARS which should be available from the PMDG support area.My download was approx 67-68mb and aircraft works fine apart from missing FMC navigation data.Simon -Thanks for taking the time to try out a flight from Glasgow. I am also using the default scenery BUT with a new AFCAD2 file (from PAI). Could this possibly have an effect? I will remove the Glasgow AFCAD2 file tonight and fly the circuit again.ThanksAdam

Thanks Adam. Went to Navdata and saw file. Where do I copy the navdata file to?? The PMDG Sid/Star file doesn't seem to be available at the moment.Thanks again for your help!Mike

Mike Normandeau

Montreal, Canada

MikeThe AIRAC file should be self-extracting to the correct PMDG directory within FS2004/FS2002. If you are not sure where they go check your PMDG manuals - there is a section on installing the AIRAC data.Yes SID/STARS are down - this maybe because there were a number of errors discovered within the data (I think the guy who wrote them is redoing them..).CheersAdam Moorewww.flightpix.tk

I have just uploaded the EGKK sidstars file to my site after checking as much as I can of it. I going to check a couple more that I have written tomorrow and hopefully get them uploaded. Simon