Sign in to follow this  
jacsantos

PMDG or NAVDATA: wich one to use?

I have instaled the new version of the 737 and tryed to make a test flight LEMD(madrid barajas) to LPPT (lisbon), but in the FMC dep/arr it only exists rwy18r!! So I've downloaded and extrated the NAVDATA cycle to the root FS9 creating the FMCWP folder. Tryed again and still the only rwy available is 18r, what i'm I doing wrong?Thank'sJos

Jose-that's because the supplied DAFIF-converted SIDSTAR database only contains data for 18R.If you like (and feel up to it ;-)), you can add the other SID/STARs yourself - it's easy to do, it's a text file, and you'll contribute to the hobby!!!Cheers,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Ok thank you,and another thank you for the now extremely enjoyable 737.One more question, In the previous version I am sure that there were all the runways in the database, is there a way to use the older database or it's incompatible? Either way I might get into making SID/STARsJos

Jose-Anthony has made great efforts to keep the text files compatible, but I have a feeling you'll want to do them over from the start, as he's added LOTS and LOTS of new and beautiful stuff to go with our SU2.Try to look for info on this in the forum - I know Terry Yingling is coming up with a tutorial any day now... (if it's not yet ready!)

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Dutch Commando

There was a tutorial with the SU2 ;)Yes, the new SID/STAR system is nice. However, I can't fully make it work for Schiphol, Amsterdam (EHAM/AMS). Because we have STAR, Transition 1 (to point that is connected to many runways via Transition 2), Transition 2, Approach. Maybe someone else has an idea on how to "fix" this? :)

Lefteris,will there be a place on the PMDG website where one can upload or download these files? Would be a more central place than navdata.at and on that website you can't see if it is a pre-SU2 file or one for SU2...Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Dutch,That's actually a function provided by the navdata maker in the real airplane. I think the team said we're definitely going to try to address these special type cases in the 800/900's FMC though - I'll certainly push for some way of programming these really complex SIDs!Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Dutch Commando

The whole development team: God, why does EHAM exist.

Guest CFG3430

Hi you GuysWhen flying to Frankfurt EDDF I had no Sid /Stars RWs whatsoever????Might be my mistake but I could not find out what I was doing wrong.(I used a Standart Route and the Plan was exported from FSBUILD to PMDG)Otherwise brilliant!

Guest Mitchnor1

Pretty new at the PMDG 737. I was setting up a flight CYUL to CYYZ. YUL runways all visible but YYZ (Toronto Pearson) is missing 24L and 24R, 06R as well as not having any sid or star info. Being pretty new at this, could anyone walk me through it? I had downloaded the latest PIC-PMDG_0312 navdata a couple of weeks back but am having no success installing it in my 737. Also, my downloaded file was 67mb. Noticed in a couple of threads people mentioning they received files of 68mb+. Could I be missing some nav info?Thanks to all for your help!Mitch

Guest Andreu

Hi Dutch Commando,I've not found any tutorial with the SU2. Please, file/folder name?Thanks a lot in advance,AndreuPD "Dutch Commando", is that your real name?