Sign in to follow this  
Guest amerton

Reason for occasional lockup and how to prevent it...

Guest amerton

If, after selection of sid / stars / approaches and transitions, part of the route becomes FIX xxx HDG nnn VECTORS FIX xxxsuch as FIX MENLO HDG 330 VECTORS FIX MENLOthis will result in a lockup situation.The above route is ill-formed and results from procedures generation from dadif data. All the same... Don't be angry with beta testers, this is due to a last minute mod intented to prevent lockups in another part of the code. I'm to blame ;-)We will address this situation twofolds :1) mini update, which might take a couple of weeks before we release2) Terry (the sid star generator) will look into it and *might* come up with a new set of procedures avoiding this problem before that. No promises, but I will discuss it with him... the problem is not so trivial, because a common FIX in a STAR and an APP transition is justified if they should merge. An the VECTORS was put there for the case the pilot's selection leads to non-merging STAR / APP transition...In the mean time : if you get a lock up after a transition selection, edit the procedure file (PMDG/SIDSTARS/ICAOfile.txt and take out the offending fix from the transition or the VECTORS entry at the end of the STAR...anthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

Guest 737400

Well,I wanted report that i fix this problem switching your sidstar data with your old sidstar data and it did fix it for me, "old sidstar" is the one came with PMDG version 1.I dont know if other guys wants to try, they have to update sidstar with the first one.

Anthony thanks for thatI have another question re the making of STARS. I have sussed the SID bit but the STAR making has me a little confused.The problem is thisI fly mainly in Australia. We have our STARS designed here such that one STAR can service a number of runways and end in an instrument approach to that runway.egAt YBBN (Brisbane Australia) if you look at the SMOKA 8 arrival you see it services both runways 01 and 19 yet after waypoint DAYBO the tracks are different.Now I know how to do the transitions etc but how do I get the correct tracking for rnw 01 as opposed to rwn 19.do I make a dummy transiiton , one for each runway?? egSTARS STAR SMOKA8 NAVAID SMOKA NAVAID GARTH 10000 NAVAID DAYBO 7000 TRANSITION RNW01 NAVAID FLYNN 3000 SPEED 180 NAVAID GLENN 2500 SPEED 170 TRANSITION RNW19 NAVAID WISPA 2500 SPEED 170ENDSTARS ANY HELP APRECIATEDROB

Rob Grant
Compass Airlines - Stretch Your Wings Australia

Anthony thanks for thatI have another question re the making of STARS. I have sussed the SID bit but the STAR making has me a little confused.The problem is thisI fly mainly in Australia. We have our STARS designed here such that one STAR can service a number of runways and end in an instrument approach to that runway.egAt YBBN (Brisbane Australia) if you look at the SMOKA 8 arrival you see it services both runways 01 and 19 yet after waypoint DAYBO the tracks are different.Now I know how to do the transitions etc but how do I get the correct tracking for rnw 01 as opposed to rwn 19.do I make a dummy transiiton , one for each runway?? egSTARS STAR SMOKA8 NAVAID SMOKA NAVAID GARTH 10000 NAVAID DAYBO 7000 TRANSITION RNW01 NAVAID FLYNN 3000 SPEED 180 NAVAID GLENN 2500 SPEED 170 TRANSITION RNW19 NAVAID WISPA 2500 SPEED 170ENDSTARS ANY HELP APRECIATEDROB

Rob Grant

Rob,Yeah for the moment that's how you do it. I had this same issue with the KPHX ARLIN3 STAR - hopefully we'll see something for the 800/900 that will make the FMC know to load extra waypoints when a runway+ a certain STAR are selected...Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest DannyV

Rob,I will shortly be releasing over 42 SID/STAR/IAP files for Australia ;-) As for your question, currently runways transitions for STARs are not catered for. Therefore, you will have to do separate STARs for each runway. An example of the methodology I used is:// --------------------------------------------------------------// BLAKA TWO ARRIVAL// RWY: 01, 19//STAR BLAKA2.01 FIX BLAKA NAVAID JCW FIX LISSA AT OR ABOVE 3000 FIX RWY01 1230 RNW 01STAR BLAKA2.19 FIX BLAKA NAVAID JCW FIX POODL FIX KOUPA TRK 275 INTERCEPT RADIAL 016 TO NAVAID BN RNW 19Note the forum takes away the formatting. After each STAR name, the code is indented for clarity.Note that I have appended the runway number after the STAR to help identify the correct STAR.Hope this helps...Cheers,Danny Vickers :-waveAdelaide, Australia

Guest DannyV

I don't think this will work as the transition portion is appended to the start of the STAR routing resulting in the runway transition coming first, rather than after the STAR code.Cheers,Danny Vickers :-waveAdelaide, Australia

Guest tmetzinger

I'll just take the opportunity to remind all the captains to always walk through your LEGS after selecting a SID, STAR, or Approach.You'll find DISCO's to close, and potential duplicate waypoints.Don't ever be afraid to deselect the SID/STAR and program what you want to do in the LEGS pages yourself.

Tim couldnt agree more..i always do when I fly myself .rob

Rob Grant

Guest ilh

That's not the only way. I prefer making the STAR contain the common part and then making approach transitions glue the STAR to the approach.In your example, I would make BLAKA2 STAR go to JCW. I would then make ILS01 (or whatever the approach is called) have an approach transition named BLAKA2 that contains JCW and everything to the common part of the approach. You would then pick STAR BLAKA2, approach ILS01, and approach transition BLAKA2.I'm not saying you have to do it this way, but it is an option. This can reduce clutter on the STAR listing.Lee Hetherington (KBED)http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest DannyV

Because the WAY Rob wrote the procedure had the final ruway transition as the STAR transitions, that's why! The way you suggest in your above post is the best way to implement such procedures as it all ties in nicely :DCheers,Danny VickersAdelaide, Australia

Ok I think I might see where Lee is coming from hereSo Lee what you are in essence saying is dont write the STAR as it really is??? INstead write the basic STAR then make then rest of it, including the different tracks to different runways part of the approach transition? because that does make sense and the fmc would follow that logically...as it stands when I try to write a rnw transition it does stick it at the front and messes up the whole show.thanks for that hint...I will give it a go and see what happens...and thanks to all for their helprob

Rob Grant

Guest pagotan

Hi,I tend to agree with Lee's way of programming. In fact, this is the way we are going for the multi aircraft terminal procedure creator which we are developping. This logic, by the way, is also valid for PIC and PS1.3, however it does not work (yet) for PSS.Michael