Sign in to follow this  
RobertVdb

Choosing any PMDG plane throws me out FS9

Guest Bob Kellett

Has anyone at PMDG found a solution to this problem yet? I also did a clean install (on a brand new computer), loaded the NavData exactly as recommended, and it still blows up FS2004 right back to the desktop if you choose any PMDG plane first instead of the default planes. This was not he case with SU1. Thankyou for looking into this. There are not two copies of NavData anywhere on my machine.Bob Kellett

Guest Fortress

If it's any help at all, before I used the remove tool I copied the navdata (0312) folder. After installing SU2, I simply replaced the new navadata folder with my copy (I looked at fmc_ident.txt first and saw the reference to "old" data). I've had no problems!I only did this because I wasn't sure which cycle the SU2 would come with and didn't want to DL 0312 from Richards site again.Cheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/cin.gifwww.bavirtual.co.uk/cin.htm - please give generously!!Officially licenced by British Airways plc for use of name and logo[p]AMD XP2800+ Barton, Gigabyte GA-7NNXP nForce2, 1Gig Crucial PC3200 DDR 400MHz, Gainward 128 MB GF4-4200, SB Audigy, 3 x WD Caviar SE[/p]

Guest HJOrtmann

Bob (or Kevin ?! Hey, what's your name - Bob or Kevin ? ;) )Yes, it's true, on some installations you can't select the 737NG as the initial plane.So what ?> Thanks guys, that's it. If I start with a default Cessna > (on any scenery) and afterwards with PMDG it works.Eveb better:> If the default aicraft is e.g. the 172 and you run FS9> - "Create a flight" then choose PMDG and there will be> no more crashes.So start the "game" ;) with the default Cessna standard situation and switch to PMDG, e.g. after the scenery is loaded - just two or three mouse clicks...It's a known FS9 problem, that the default start situation should be done with a MS plane (otherwise some FS9 internal variables may not be initialized).Sorry, but I don't see any *real* problem - you should fly the bird, starting the simulation is not part of the game ;)

Guest Bob Kellett

Sorry, but it is NOT an FS problem! Never happened before with ANY other plane, so it kind of narrows it down doesn't it! I have been flying FS since FS95 and it has never happened. I don't expect to pay top dollar for a sim add-on to have it crash to the desk top. If PMDG cannot or will not fix the problem, then that is a different story, but don't blame MS and FS2004 for everything that goes wrong just because YOU can't fix it!Kevin Robert (Bob)Kelletthttp://www.opticsmall.com/VirtualAlaska/737700-.jpg

Oh, I was thinking that this issue was only related to FS9 with no english versions (as SU-1, and PMDG was able to deal with it). I see you must have an english installation.PMDG, please look into it, maybe you think that loading a default ac and scenery , and then the 737NG, we don

Guest Fltsim Phil

Same thing here folks.... In FS9, opening screen (Create a Flight), I select any PMDG aircraft, any location (default or otherwise), click on "Fly Now", and next thing you know, I'm back to the desktop and FS9 is gone!!If I create a flight with any other aircraft, any location, and then select the PMDG aircraft once I've started, No Problem!!Very strange...Flightsim Phil

Guest Fltsim Phil

I can't believe that the default situation requires a default MS aircraft. I use the PSS A330/A340 all the time with FS9 and I've never had a problem on start-up. Additionally, until 2 days ago I was using the PMDG 737 version 1.1 with FS9 on start-up without a problem. I'm no programmer, but it seems this is a Version 1.2 issue, not a MS issue.....Flightsim Phil

I can confirm that on my installation FS2004 crashes whenever I attempt to select the PMDG 737NG (SU2) in anything OTHER than 2D cockpit view.It flys great in 2D but unfortunately I am unable to use any of the VC views at the moment:-(Any ideas PMDG?RegardsAdam Moore

Guest jkknightman

Hi I am also having this problem. I find if I choose a FS9 defult plane I can then load the PMDG one. The other way is if i restart my computer I can load direct. John Kolmos

It's a mystery to me why this should happen. My system at the present is my office computer (I work from home) which is flaky with FS9 as there is always business software running in the background. I have loaded every variation of the aircraft from the create screen with no problem.Few people have posted the OS they are using. Mine is XP Home with all service files and security patches. What is the OS that those having problems use as there may be a common denominator. At install there was a file regarding (I think) GDI that those without XP needed. Does this have any bearing on the problem?Just a thought - probably worthless - but who knows?Happy Christmas all.

Guest Bob Kellett

Does anyone out there have AIRAC 311 that I could get? I suspect it is the latest AIRAC 312 that is causing this problem. Anyway, I'd like to try it to see if it helps, given the total lack of support from PMDG on this issue.All my PMDG 737 models crash to the desktop unless the Cessna 172 is loaded first. Unacceptable!My computer is a brand new Dell:P4 3.0 GHZ2 GB DDRAM256 ATI Radeon 9800XT w/latest driversWindows XP HomeKevin Kelletthttp://www.opticsmall.com/VirtualAlaska/737700-.jpg