Sign in to follow this  
Guest dape

speedbrake FS2002 vs 2004

Guest dape

First of all, i am very impressed by the update. Grate work!!! I put the 737 on a fresh install of FS2004 and everything is fine. I used the removal tool for Fs2002 and installed 1.2 When i want to arm the speedbrake I hit SHIFT+/ but nothing happens. When I do the exact same thing with 737 running under FS2004 it works as it always did. I tried to arm it by using the mouse but upon touchdown the spoilers did not move. Any ideas?

It works here just fine in the air with SHIFT / to ARM or by placing the mouse on the arm area on the throttle quadrant, make sure the light comes on. They will NOT deploy for two resasons, one, you do not have them armed, second, your joystick is not calibrated or you have it set forward giving *any* thrust..[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest dape

Randy, thanks for the quick reply. I uninstalled and installed it again but same thing. Just hitting / fully deploys the speedbrake. I will try it again using the mouse to arm.Do I have to take any other steps other than using the removal tool to get everything thats 737 related out off FS2002?David P.

Guest muckie

The same thing for me is happening on SU2 in FS2002.Pre-SU2, Shift_/ armed the speed brake or moved it back to ARM if deployed.IN SU2, Shift_/ seems to have no effect in either situation.I LOVE SU2 though! :-jumpy

Some users even can't retract them in flight unless speed brake lever moved by mouse.I can't say anything about spoiler issue in FS2004 but, somehow "spoiler auto deploy" feature has been disabled from airfile.I can write how to fix it but I don't recommend air file editing for casual simmers, you can mess up things very easy. Also it may have side effects if spoiler auto deploy is hard coded to gauge, etc, so we better PMDG's response first.

It's not disabled! I have it auto deploy every time, in fact all of us have checked this many times and it deploys fine on TD. The *issue* is the setting to ARM. If you want to just use speedbrakes in the air push /. To set to ARM use SHIFT / in the air. You do not un-set after setting and you do not set them to ARM untill landing. This is with FS9 as I do not have fs2002. If you have ANY forward thrust the spoliers will not deploy just like what happens in the real 737. [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

As I imagined, it's hard coded to gauge, because MSFS2002 auto deploy feature don't work as it supposed to. Ok forget about spoiler auto deploy.My problem in FS2002 is I can't retract spoilers in flight. Neither via keyboard or on my joystick buton.Other FS2002 user reported it too.If I enable spoiler auto deploy from *airfile* I can retract them via keyborad/joystick buton. Anyway I'll upgrade to FS2004 this weekend..

Yeah this seems to come up (note it's the same logic as FS's aircraft). If you have trouble retracting them try 1] SHIFT /2] Placing your mouse on the throttle quadrant's spoliers up position. Got to give a big hand to MS here for making it difficult if not impossible for developers a ARM position without it wanting to go FULL DEPLOY/RETRACT insted[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

So Randy what does this mean.....I too have the same problem in FS2002. On descent last night into EGKK i was at 5000 ft and 200knts IAS with flaps 10 and tried to "arm" the speed brake with [sHIFT + /] which didn't work after SU2.Hitting [/] by itself deploy's the speed brakes fine.With SU1.1 I didn't have this problem. Is there nothing we can do?Are we just saying "use your mouse on the throttle quadrant"?As you have reported, I don't have a problem with it in FS9, but I still use FS2002 and so do many others.regards,Travis WaycottBrisbane, Australia**Don't wear your Speedo's too tight, your nose will go red and you'll start talking in a high pitched tone of voice**

I am saying that we must not confuse regular use of the speedbrakes with ARMing them for touch down. 1] Using /deploys and retracts the speedbrakes in flight fine. 2] ARMing the speedbrakes by SHIFT / or using the throttle quadrant to make sure they are set correctly. 3] If they are ARMed and you need to deploy them simply press / once again. [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest muckie

Randy,I understand what you saying, and what we're reporting is that it behaved as you describe PRE-SU2 but not since the upgrade on FS2002.I've double checked that I have SHIFT / set under my keystroke assignments.I can deploy spoilers using / but can do longer ARM for auto-deploy with SHIFT /.And the only way I can retract spoilers is to click on the throttle quadrant. Weird huh?

Guest Miltos

Hi RandyI think what the guys are trying to say is that ARMING the speedbrakes in FS2002, ie SHIFT/, does NOT illuminate the "Speedbrakes Armed" light in the cockpit. I was looking at the throttle quadrant when pressing SHIFT/ and the lever did not move at all (no green light either). Using the mouse, I had to drag the lever way past the ARM detent (green light illuminated when lever was halfway down, ie speedbrakes had already deployed). On the other hand I had no problem at all with DEPLOYING speedbrakes pressing /. This was an inflight situation, in FS2002 (from what I read speedbrakes seem to work fine in 2002). Sorry for the occasional caps, just trying to make clear that deploying the speedbrakes seems to work fine, while arming doesn't.RegardsMiltos

This is right, Randy. The [shift + /] does ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING now.How's that? Must be my Australian slang somewhere above.......Regards,Travis WaycottBrisbane, Australia**Let there be light, let there be Speedo's**

Guest radarbeam

I too had a questions about speedbrakes posted in another thread, I'll repost here...----------Well I seem to have a problem with the speedbrakes (I also have a question that's coming after). When I deploy and retract the speedbrakes on the ground with the / key everything works fine. Now when I am in flight I can deploy the speedbrakes using the / key, no problems there. It gets tricky when I want to retract them, the / key seems to do no good but hitting SHIFT / will retract them, and if I press SHIFT / once more it will arm the auto-deploy mode. Is this a normal behaviour with the model?Now my question, it seems that in flight less spoilers deploy than on the ground is this normal?Thanks a lot!Nick