Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bjorn Ghezzi

V2 on MCP and a couple of questions :-)

Guest Bjorn Ghezzi

Hi guys,congrats on the update!I just have a couple of questions:When I perform a take-off after setting up everything, FMC etc and selecting the V speeds, I set the MCP speed to V2. For take-off I arm Fd and A/T and when I hit TO/GA the speed bug on PFD isn't updated to V2 + 20 as it used to be automatically...I have to click on the MCP speed knob to maybe raise it by one knot and then it adds 20 knots on the speed bug on the PFD.Also the Autobrakes behave strangely...I set them to RTO before take off but on 2 out of 3 take-offs the knob doesn't return in the off position automatically but I have to move it manually.And finally...but this is just a curiosity because it might not be a problem...when I set an ILS LOC frequency on the NAV radios and the signal is picked up...the freq and eventual DME reading is not shown on the ND in the lower left hand corner if in MAP mode.It shows in the top right hand corner in APP mode only.I use the 737 PMDG on FS2002 with Windows XP.Hope to have some clarifications on the minor issues I'm experiencing...for the rest grat job! :-)Regards,BjornP.S. What is that option in the PMDG menu that says "VOR in LOC"...something? :-)

"I set the MCP speed to V2. For take-off I arm Fd and A/T and when I hit TO/GA the speed bug on PFD isn't updated to V2 + 20 as it used to be automatically...I have to click on the MCP speed knob to maybe raise it by one knot and then it adds 20 knots on the speed bug on the PFD." That's the way it works on the real Ng. The speed bug will move with One *click* of the MCP SPD knob in takeoff mode will change the MCP SPD to V2 + 20 and the magenta SPD BUG on the PFD to match OR if you select a CMD in TO mode. The F/D CUE will be commanding PITCH for V2 + 20 with V2 set in the Window. It will change for MCP SPD pitch once you change the window from V2. "Also the Autobrakes behave strangely...I set them to RTO before take off but on 2 out of 3 take-offs the knob doesn't return in the off position automatically but I have to move it manually." There is no movement on the real NG's auotbrake switch, even if it goes OFF on the real bird you must manually MOVE the knob. "And finally...but this is just a curiosity because it might not be a problem...when I set an ILS LOC frequency on the NAV radios and the signal is picked up...the freq and eventual DME reading is not shown on the ND in the lower left hand corner if in MAP mode.It shows in the top right hand corner in APP mode only." That is also just following the real aircraft. Cheers,[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest Bjorn Ghezzi

Hi Randy,thanks for the clarifications....you have me relaxed now..eheheh!You changed so many things...even if little and usually unnoticed...that now I have to re-learn some procedures since I guess I had devoloped bad habits with SU 1.1! :-)))Thank you.Regards,Bjorn

Guest Bjorn Ghezzi

Yep,I noticed with great satisfaction! :-)even the corrected logic of the dual bleed annunciation etc...oh BTW...the overheat switch on the overhead illuminates the 4 amber light only if the window heat switches have been turned on...I know I might sound paranoid...but I just wanna make sure it's all correct..even though I know you all made a great job.BTW..I love the FMC look now...along with Bulfer's FMC Guide for the NGs I sure am a happy camper! :-)Regards,Bjorn

Yep! The overhead *logic* was updated big time, in fact the pilots and mechs made sure the correct lights/switches do what they do on the real aircraft, well over my little head mind you![h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg