Sign in to follow this  
Guest garyarnold

PMDG 737-700 QUESTIONS OR POSSIBLE BUGS

Guest garyarnold

First off, a terrific job on the SU2. It works almost perfect. I do have a couple of questions which are the result of my lack of understanding of the 737-700 or are they perhaps bugs?1) During a descent and this has happended more than once descending into CYVR everything is going fine and then all of a sudden get a "VNAV DISCONNECT". What would cause this? I can send you my flight plan if you would like to take a look at it.2) Do the radios not autotune as they do in the Airbus?3) Is TCAS not modelled in the 737-700? Iam not getting any traffic displayed on the NFD.4) I have noticed when flying during the day and it switches to dusk and the panel lights automatically switch on, the fonts on the MCP Glareshield display change and they are no longer legible. This occurs on the Course, Speed, Heading, Altitude and Vertical speed readouts. This only occurs during regular screen mode and not in full screen mode.Regards,Gary ArnoldCYYC

Hello!"1) During a descent and this has happended more than once descending into CYVR everything is going fine and then all of a sudden get a "VNAV DISCONNECT". What would cause this? I can send you my flight plan if you would like to take a look at it." VNAV will disconnect if you reach 1 knot prior to the barber poll (In a VNAV PATH descent, the AFDS will revert to LVL CH in this particular instance). You must also MANUALLY control the speed unless you choose a SPD DESCent with the speedbrakes or throttles, the TARGET SPD on the DEScent page is for planning purposes only, the AFDS will make no attempt to keep the speed (Just like the real Ng). There are other reasons for VNAV DIScons, but please tell us what the CDU scratchpad message says and then we can answer your question more clearly. "2) Do the radios not autotune as they do in the Airbus?" No they do not on 737 Ngs. "3) Is TCAS not modelled in the 737-700? Iam not getting any traffic displayed on the NFD." This is not a part of the 600-700 package, it is currently being developed for the next phase, namely the 800-900 series."4) I have noticed when flying during the day and it switches to dusk and the panel lights automatically switch on, the fonts on the MCP Glareshield display change and they are no longer legible. This occurs on the Course, Speed, Heading, Altitude and Vertical speed readouts. This only occurs during regular screen mode and not in full screen mode." This is a FS memory issue, simply cycle the panel lights by pushing L. Cheers,[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest garyarnold

Randy,Thanks for the quick response. I am just unclear what exactly you mean with rederence to my VNAV DISCONNECT. When you say it will happen if you reach 1 knot prior to the barber poll, what does this mean?Regards,Gary ArnoldCYYC

On 737 NG or 737 classics with software update 10.5 VNAV will revert to LVL CH as the pitch mode (Overspeed condition) 1 knot prior to Vmo/Mmo = Barber poll, the RED DANGER BRICKS on the Pilot's Flight Display speed tape. Any time VNAV disconnects means simply the criteria to have it enaged is no longer present. Your CDU will inform you of why, best for you to provide a screenshot at this moment so we can see this clearly.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest garyarnold

Randy,Here is a screenshot from the exact moment I got the VNAV DISCONNECT. I am not sure what is causing it.Regards,Gary ArnoldCYYC

ahhh good thank you, The STAVE waypoint has restriction of 230 knots (The reason I know this is the default restriction is 240/10000 and when VNAV DISconnected it displays current of 230) I will also assume you have a ALTITUDE restricton on that STAVE waypoint that the Bird could not make (Look at the deviation guide on the ND, it shows you are HIGH on the calculated descent path). Solution, modify your descent or remove the retriction at that waypoint, you can meet the retriction a number of ways out of VNAV then re-engage. You could have chose a SPD DES which would have caught that waypoint's restriction and kept you in VNAV better here, a PATH DES is better used if you do not have any such restrictions to deal with.. Better to have had the DES or LEGS page displyed which would show the waypoint and it's restrictions if any...............[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg