Sign in to follow this  
Guest gooper

terrible frame rates with SU2

Guest gooper

Hi all I recently installed SU2 and I had read that most people seem to get better frame rates than with previous versions. well I must be doing something wrong or my system is just too slow to handle this sim because with the 2D cockpit view, zero AI, sliders turned way down i am getting 6-7 fps at even the most basic airports . can anyone give me any tips on how to improve frame rates because as of now this plane is basically unflyable for me.. mt specs are Athlon 1200, 768 mb PC133 ram, ATI 64 mb card, Win XP.. also can flight plans be imported in to the FMC with the FS9 flight planner??

Guest bigun

Need to sign you posts:)There are some folks in here who are far more expert than me but with your system you will probably have to turn slidere WAY down. Particularly 3d clouds. This add-on is fantastic, and SU2 did give me a good boost in performance. But it does take some "horsepower".

Sir,Please make yourself aware of the guidelines outlined here:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=2402&page=You need to sign each post with your real name :)Onto your question.To be honest, your PC isn't exactly quick by todays standards. Windows XP as well as FS2004 demands quite a lot of computer power on its own, as does the PMDG 737NG. Realistically you can't expect too much from your current setup. This probably isn't what you want to hear, but unless you plan on upgrading in the near future, you won't be able to expect any better results.You can try and help things along by defragging your hard drive on a regular basis, also stop all services that you don't need running in the background.

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Which ATI video card is it? I know it's not one of the recent really good Radeon's because those are all 128MB+ - you CPU is quite slow by the standards FS2004 was designed for... I say do a mobo/CPU/vid card upgrade. You can get an Athlon 2500+ for like $90 on newegg...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com