Sign in to follow this  
Guest oal170

Callouts 2500

Guest oal170

Hi,I haven't the callouts "twenty-five-hundred" in the approach phase.I have activated the (RA Callouts-2500) from the style menu of PMDG.You know something for this problem?Thank you very muchFriendlyPaul

Guest tmetzinger

just as a data point, in FS9 I hear them fine.

Guest mokeiko

aloha oal170. it's working fine on my end also. i just landed a few minutes ago.

What ive noticed is that the callouts work fine in the 2d cockpit but you cant hear them or the autopilot disconnect or A/T disconnect in the virtual cockpit. Anyone else with this problem? (Great patch by the way. Really has been a lot of hard work put in by you guys! Well done! :-wave)Richard Wheatley

Hi Paul,I don't hear it either, but it actually makes it more realistic.According to Boeing's configuration options, the 2500 ft callout is not available together with a 'minimums' callout. Furthermore, Boeing do not recommend installing the '2500' and '1000ft' callouts.Cheers,Gosta.http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2betateam.jpg

Guest Bjorn Ghezzi

Didn't kow there's an A/T disconnect sound....never had it in SU1 or 1.1 and don't have it now...only A/P disconnect sound....are you sure there should be an A/T disconnect sound?Regards,Bjorn

My mistake. There is no A/T disconnect sound just autopilot. The strange thing is though that from the start of the flight in virtual cockpit view i dont get any call outs, not even the 80kts, v1, v2 yet i get them in 2d view. Weird

Guest mike_cyul

Could someone from PMDG or the beta team tell us if this lack of altitude callouts in the VC cockpit is intentional?If not, does anyone have a solution? It would be a shame, now that most of the VC is clickable, to be missing those callouts. I fly amost exclusivly from VC.Thanks,Mike F.

Guest amerton

Hello Mike,There is no straightforward way currently to know if we're in VC view or in outside view. FS does not make this information available via the sdk to developers.As we have elected not to play sounds in outside views, they aren't played either in the VC.AFAIK there might be a solution coming soon in the context of FS9, but I think it won't work with FS2002.This is also one of my big frutrations, as I also almost only fly in the VC (matrox parhelia on 3 displays)... :-(anthonyAnthony MertonPrecision Manuals Developmenthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com

Hi,I've question about RA Callouts.When plane says "20" plane actually ~10 feet above the runway, when "10" called and if you were a bit late on flare, you slam the 737 to runway.Any comments?