Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbegg

SU2 is marvellous, but don't crash it!

Guest cbegg

Hi, Just completed a nice flight in the 737-700 (LKPR-LGKV, 2nd leg IVAO RWT 'A') - for the second time. No ILS at LGKV, so a manual landing was called for. Unfortunately, first time, I hit the runway rather hard and the plane crashed. During crash recovery, all sorts of undocked windows popped up, then disappeared, then FS9 crashed, wanting to tell Uncle Bill all about a problem in panels.dll. May I say up front that this plane is to FS9 what the original PSS Airbus 319/320/321 was to FS2002, the first fully functional good simulation (at least that I've tried). That too didn't recover too well, but at leat it didn't crash FS2002! Am I alone with this problem or is lack of crash recovery a known problem with the PMDG plane. I've now disabled all crash detection to avoid the issue. After a two hour flight, counting towards a medal, having to do it again from scratch, instead of redoing the approach was not my favourite moment!Perhaps when the web site calms down, Lefteros might be able to help me with my Fly!II and Squawk Box 3.02 problem?All the best to the PMDG team,Colin Beggmailto:Colin.Begg@ntlworld.com

Guest tmetzinger

Same issue here... I went out and rolled the plane inverted and crashed it, and got the same errors.On the one hand... if you kill yourself in the airplane, maybe you SHOULD have to repeat your entire flight. On the other hand, it would be nice to not have it crash the sim, as I expect a reboot would be needed to clean up properly.For grins, here's the moment of impact.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/53311.jpg

Guest ba747heavy

I *knew* that there was one thing I forgot to do when I was beta testing ;)

Guest brudder

I think this is one of the parts that microsoft has overlooked. When will the first FS Crash be released. Is a burning infurno too much to ask for.I think there could be a real gap in the FS market!CheersBen Rudder

Guest allistah

I found out that this only happens in windowed mode. If you run in full screen mode, the crash doesn't happen and it resets as expected. ..an interesting bug indeed.

Guest Paul Heaney

Yeah, I found that when you crash, you see the windows pop up, then the sim crashes as well.

Guest allistah

Yeah, I was up till about 1am last night working on figuring out exactly what the issue was. When in windowed mode, all those windows pop open and then crashola like you said. For some reason being in full screen mode it doesn't happen and works great.

MSFS moves in mysterious ways guys! :-)