Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mark McG

Render To Texture Casues CTD

Guest Mark McG

Some useful advice that may help some of you out. DO NOT TURN RENDER TO TEXTURE OFF - DOING THIS CAUSES A CTD WHEN USING THE PMDG 737 This is probably the cause of the CTD that some of you have been having. I know that there has been some video drivers issues lately, a flickering on screen at times. Advice was given on other forums to turn Render to Texture OFF to prevent this flickering from happening.Doing this and flying the 737 will cause a CTD with an unknown error in the FS9.exe file.Hope this helps.

Guest Mark McG

Lee,further to this I have identified the issue to be not having installed the correct FSW High FPS cloud set for having Render to Texture Off.

Guest Mark McG

Not too sure Henry.I know it's an option in the hardware section of FS9.

Guest Mark McG

Lee,you need to use the 32 bit clouds.

Yes, I can duplicate this behavior. I installed the dtx clouds from Chris Willis and was running down ratholes (including some recent landclass, mesh and scenery installations) to try to determine the cause of the constant CTD's I was getting..which beforehand had been exceedingly rare in FS9. Well as Chris politely pointed out in the read me file with the new clouds, if render to texture is left off (a recommendation for other add-ons and panels), the 32 bit clouds need to be installed. Once I replaced, there were no further problems.I'm confident it is not related to the PMDG 737...regards,

Guest Mark McG

Thanks Chris.I am sure this was the issue I had - I just couldn't remember what set I had initially installed.