Sign in to follow this  
Guest American 390

737 Autopilot problem

Guest American 390

Guys, I would appreciate if you could help me out on this problem. For some strange reason, whenever I am up in the air, I try to turn the autopilot on, but it only results in it disengaging a second after. I ran through all the systems, and everything seemed fine. Tried to reinstall the patch but still coming up with the same problem. I am running the aircraft with the new 1.2 patch.Thanks for help.

Guest au-s

did you use remover tool from PMDG?

Guest American 390

Yeah I tried to reinstall the aircraft 3 times using that remover but gave me the same problem.

Guest American 390

Thanks Randy, but I do believe the generators are already on and functioning.It's weird, it'll go on for a second, the autopilot light flash, but then it disconnects. Then the two CWS L and R indicators light up on the autopilot system status on the EFIS.

Guest jdrago

Are you using the switch on the MCP, and NOT the "z" key? I'm only saying that because I had a problem originally with it.Good luck,- John Drago

Guest American 390

How low is low? I climbed up to 5000 and still wasn't working. Yes, I am using the MCP.

OK Mike, I put on my *thinking Cap* just for you ;) Are you PUSHING anything on TAKEOFF on the MCP at low altitude?? Please tell me EXACTLY what you are pushing etc. Try this, ESTABLISH level flight by hand, makse sure you are above 200 knots, once you are STABLE try engaging the AP.[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest American 390

Thanks a lot for helping me out Randy. I climbed up to 5,000, above 200 knots tried to engage the autopilot but still not turning on. I didn't push anything at all during takeoff except the flaps and gear up.

Boy that frustrating ;) Ok, did you remove the prior insatllation with the REMOVER TOOL before installing SU2? A/P not staying on as I have seen was because of some systems not engaged correctly like Generators.Also if one pushes CWS at low altitude (below 1500') you must establish level flight (Trimed and speed above 200 to be safe) then the A/P will engage. Other than these reasons Mike I am only guessing..[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest American 390

I used the remover only after installing SU2 - Just seems strange becuase I didn't have this problem with SU1. I'm going to fly around a bit, testing some things and hopefully the autopilot will engage this time.

Guest American 390

Oh Randy, now that I think of it, I DID use the remover tool to get rid of the older version(1.1) and just installed SU2 from there. So basically I uninstalled everything first then installed the SU2 as full. Is this okay?

Yeah but does not explain why you cannot turn the A/P on. Are you 100% sure your OVERHEAD is setup corectly? Plase make a screenshot of it at the time you try to turn the AP on please. [h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Guest American 390

Here you go...