Sign in to follow this  
NWATech

Auto-Pilot & Stab-Trim

Great update to what was a already great product. :-)Ok, so last night I am cruising along at 310 and wanted to get a exterior look. Looked around and popped back in the 2D pit and the A/P had disconnected. Tried it numerous times and still doing it.My stab trim indication on the ped. jumps between the lines, and upon the exterior view the stab itself is jumping. The indication is not moving, but the trim physically does.Is this a know issue or what are my problems?Thanks,Jay

Hi Jay,Could be a joystick calibration issue. If while looking around your joystick is throwing other values at the NG, you could get a disconnect. To check, recalibrate your joystick and in FSUIPC make sure you turn on all of the appropriate axis smoothing and filtering options turned on (choices depend on FSUIPC version).

I flew 3 legs last evening and did not have the A/P disconnect problem, this was before I checked the joystaick.I check my joystick, recalibrated it, check the button assignments, and still doing it. I removed and reinstalled the joystick and I still have this problem. This is the only a/c, pay or free, in my hanger that does this.I have a full registered copy of FSUIPC, can you be specific when you say filtering and smoothing? Thanks,Jay

......puntAnyone else have this happening? Seeing the stab jumping visually is not the most important, but the ped. stab trim indication is. Hard to set the TO trim units first time with it jumping all over.Maybe a PMDG team member cares to add something to this?-Jay

Jay,I think what you are seeing is the result of the PMDG stab trim modification. Due to the extremely hight rate of trim on FS9, we had to change the trim rate to make it more like the real 737, The result however is a disply issue on the indicator and on the External view as the FS stab trim and the PMDG stab trim Sync. This is known and will hopefully be corrected on the 800-900 if MS gives us enough info to fix the stab trim rates. RegardsPaul Gollnick :-cool Technical Operations/Customer Operational SupportPrecision Manuals Development Groupwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Guest JamieG

ok yep i was curious--I was getting the same thing on the STAB trim--love the plane tho!

You simply cannot touch the controls with the AFDS in CMD. If ones tries to trim in CMD the AP will disconnect, if one applies pressure on the controls for a few seconds the AFDS reverts to CWS pitch or roll depending on the pressure direction. Not sure if this is your reason but is important enough to bring up ;)[h4]Best Wishes,Randy J. Smithhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/betaimg.jpg

Paul, ok that's good to know you at PMDG know of this, so I am ok now. I thought I might have something else happening. Randy, not the reason. I fully understand the A/P.I jumped outside and looked around and went into some unstable air and bounced a bit and like I said upon the return to the 2D I found the A/P disconnected. AS2004 is most likely the problem with the smoothing issue. See my other thread on AS2004 and PMDG.Thanks,-Jay