Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rizzibird

SID - unable to find an appropriate gramar for a proced...

Guest Rizzibird

HelloI am trying to make charts for LJLJ but I have a problem. I want write a procedure for one specific turn, but I simply can't find the appropriate grammar.This is the example:http://users.volja.net/brelinej/sid1.jpgI want to write a procedure for a turn after takeoff from RWY31. I crated FIX for MKR WEST, which is called MKRW.I have already tried as followed: RNW 31 FIX OVERFLY MKRW SPEED 250 DIRECT NAVAID MG. When I open the procedure in the FMC, I get a discontinouty after MKRW.How would you write a procedure for that turn?Regards, Nejc

Guest HJOrtmann

Nejc,you have to introduce a helper fix (something like FIX FIX1 COLOCATED MG 270 3)I would prefer an additional TURN LEFT instead of the DIRECT (this should work), but at moment FMC will insert a DISCO, for this huge turn between two waypoints is (unfortunately) not accepted by FMC :(

Guest Rizzibird

Heo!Yeah, looks like I will really have to improvise. Thank's for the answer anyway.Nejc

Guest stang

Howdy>I have already tried as followed: RNW 31 FIX OVERFLY MKRW>SPEED 250 DIRECT NAVAID MG. When I open the procedure in the>FMC, I get a discontinouty after MKRW.>>How would you write a procedure for that turn?You have to use the trial and error method and create fixes that define the turn yoou want. First define and add these 3 fixes. You can call them by some other names if you like. I'm not sure if the SID name is correct.FIX 1A LATLON N 46 14 E 14 22FIX 2A LATLON N 46 12 E 14 20FIX 3A LATLON N 46 10.5 E 14 23Now the SID becomes:SID ARLON1DRNW 31 FIX OVERFLY MKRW SPEED 200 FIX 1A FIX 2A FIX 3A NAVAID MGIt does what you want. The 3 FIXes were just eyeballed on a graphic flight planner to get the required lat/long. Moving them around changes the left hand turn to other shapes.RegardsTerry

Guest Rizzibird

Thank you Terry, I shall try it your way.Regards, Nejc

Guest HJOrtmann

I don't think, that there's a difference ;)for helper fixes I just prefer the COLOCATED instead of LATLON - it gives more graphic information of why and where the fixes are created (you also can easily construct a clean circle, if you want to)

Guest Rizzibird

Heo!Actually it really does not matter. However, sometimes it is easyer to make a LATLON fix bucause one can already have the lat and long defined.I decided to go to FS and to try flying the curve manually only with the help of AP. On some points I will check my lat and long and then I will take thos points for fixes for the procedure.Regards, Nejc