Sign in to follow this  
Guest KeinPrinz

Problems with radio frequency panel (cannot set freq wi...

Guest KeinPrinz

Hi PMDG Team,first I would like to say that I'm very happy with your SU2 release. It works very fine! Except for ..... in the radio panel (SHIFT+9) as well as in the virtual cockpit mode I am unable to change any of the turn buttons for the radio frequencies ... when i move the mouse over those buttons, I see the small "+" and "-" in the mouse pointer but I cannot turn the mouse wheel or push the left button to alter the values. Also the two arrow buttons which are to switch between STBY and ACTIVE freq do not work, nothing happens when I click onto this. These problem occurs for the both COMMS (VHF), the both NAV and the ADF receivers but not for the transponder - there it works. It is a little annoying because it makes me impossible to land with ILS or do a VOR approach since I cannot lock the NAV frequencies.Any idea?I use FS2004 in windowed mode (maximized window) with a resolution of 1024x768x32.Best regardsThomas

Guest ba747heavy

Try opening up the radio panel with the 'r' button on the panel switcher; I bet that does it for you.

Guest ba747heavy

I think it is important to note that no panels on the NG are made to be opened via the standard 'shift + num' combo that every other FS panel has. If you do use the FS combo, you will create problems.

Guest B1900 Mech

I assigned the CF9-PMDG737 veiws to these keys with no problems. It seems to be the quickest way to change panels in short order, Not counting the learning curve , that is!:-) P.S. Should I be expecting issues with this setup?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/53385.jpg

Guest ba747heavy

Jim,I would expect problems. It looks like you just changed the default view keys. I would suggest going to the PMDG - General - Keyboard commands applet and assaigning those same keys you have there in that picture to the PMDG views so that you can switch panel views in a manner that the panel switcher gauges knows about. Leave the FS ones alone, no need to change those. I think issues may arise when people switch panel views without letting the PMDG panel switcher gauge know whats going on(which is what you are doing when using the panel switcher gauge). I think Lefteris can explain better than I.However, if you aren't experiencing problems, then let sleeping dogs lie :-)

Guest B1900 Mech

Thanks Fred, I will try the PMDG assignments. Should I leave my CF9 assignments as they are?

Guest ba747heavy

>Thanks Fred, I will try the PMDG assignments. Should I leave>my CF9 assignments as they are?Leave them be. The PMDG autopilot disconnect keystroke is the same as the FS one and it causes no difficulties :)

Guest B1900 Mech

Fred, I tried your method, Now ,when in VC when I make a panel selection, I cannot revert back to VC with the previous key stroke.