Sign in to follow this  
Bigmack

SU2 course following

Guest LLgaz

Yes, FSNav is a rather remarkable little program which was really helpful in FS98/FS2000 days when FMCs weren't the "norm". Its still helpful today with some freeware aircraft that doesn't have any FMCs. You can even program a Hold in you route and FSNav will fly the hold perfectly for you.Now, I know that CaptainSim deliberately removed all functionality with FSNav and their 727, therefore the Fly Flightplan button has NO effect on their 727. However, I'm not sure if PMDG has done the same. So although you think that it may not be having an effect, its possible that it could be. Its certainly an avenue to consider.Note also that, besides Randy, who is the lead beta tester, the only other people that have answered your post are customers. You are not bothering anyone. I know its easy to get fustrated when such serious problems crop up but its at times like this that one should remain calm and focused. I'm sure that your problem will eventually be solved. SU2 has too much enhancements to even consider going back to SU1.1Hang in there.

I guess I'm getting fraustrated because you guys are locked on the issue about FSnav. For the third time FS Nav don't control the AC. I have programmed it to stickly to change radio freqs. And monitor my Flt path. Nothing else. I've used both products long enough to know how they operate. PSS has a simular auto pilot system as PMDG in their Airbus. And I flew the same exact route useing the same exact flt plans and it flew the correct course and landed with no problems. No I don't have the orginals. Please look and see if you have them.KindlyBill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Bill,First off, you're not bothering anyone (Randy can just get cranky at times ;) :D ) - we are here to help and this definitely has my curiosity up since I own FSNav as well and never saw anything like this during the beta.Can you mail me the exact route to load into FSBuild along with a description of the exact steps you're taking to reproduce this right from loading FS? My email is TabsAZ@aol.com I do want to point out however that you are mistaken as to FSNAV's "Fly Flightplan" button - on aircraft that use the default FS autopilot, this takes over the autopilot controls (like HDG, SPD, ALT, VS) and commands them to get the desired lateral and vertical flight path. It's sort of a poor man's FMC if you will... Judging by the pic though, it doesn't look like pressing that button is causing this issue.Email me those files and I'll post back with what I find out... Trust me, you DO NOT want to go back to SU1!!!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Bill just to let you know I had the same problem in the original release back in August, for some reason when I installed SU1-1 they all went away. I Tried re-load after re-load with the original but it was still there my personal opinion is that I originally had a problem with my first install and after the complete removal prior to SU1-1 I had zero problems tracking an ILS. Just my $.02.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

I don't have the exact same SU2 behavior as Bill is describing, but I too do see that sometimes the heading being displayed by the ND is not the actual heading the aircraft is flying.http://www.fsbuild.com/dl/pmdg7377navdisp.jpgAs you can see in this screenshot, the aircraft is flying heading 180, but the Navdisplay is only showing heading 177.Something else I noticed too, is that when making a left heading selection the aircraft turns past the HDG SEL course then has to turn right to correct itself. But either with a left or right turn it seems to stay 3 or 4 degrees off from the actual heading.Perhaps this is a symptom of the same issue that is affecting Bill ?Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Guest Ross

PSS had this problem wih their A330/340 series. It was caused by the AIRAC file (can't remember which version) having been compiled without taking magnetic variation into account and taking all headings from "true north" instead of "magnetic north".Try downloading the latest AIRAC cycle from www.navdata.at and see if that solves your problem.

Hi,Ernie, those pictures look more like you are affected by winds. Coming from the right at 20 knots you get a deviation of between HDG and TRK of approximately 3

1. If anyone who knows how to use FSnav, knows that it can be programed not to fly the AC but simply monitor the flt plan and change radio freqs. If you noticed on my screen shot the M1 button is depressed and thats the only function it has to moniter the plan. If press the button below it(M2), it's programed to take over FS based Auto pilots to fly and land or what ever inputs you decide to put in. I don't use FSnav auto pilot features with PMDG or PSS AC because I know it won't work. And up to this point the FMC's has been so accrurate, FSnav is only used to create flt plans and monitor them. Or I use FSBuild to create flt plans and inport them to FS nav and PMDG. The problem is my PMDG 737 is not flying the correct heading wheither I use FSnav or not and even though it aquires the loc on landing for some reason it won't lock on and I must manully land the plane.2. I have not had this problem until the upgrade. The 737 flew the sid, stars and approach landing without a glitch. Again wheither FSnav was used or not.3. Do anybody have ant older Airdac cycles I can load to see if that is the problem. Because like I stated before I'm not sure if the AC is flying a magnectic heading or a true north heading, but according to the ND display, something is off 10-15 degress.I will email you the flt plans I used. But like I said before I flew the same flt plan with PSS Airbus and monitored With FSnav and had no problem.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Guest MSMITH6

Ernie-If you will look at the top of the ND you will see that in your screenshot the aircraft is following a track of 177 magnetic. That's why it says "TRK MAG". With the crosswind of 275/20 the aircraft HEADING of 180 produces a magnetic ground track of 177. The ND display in MAP mode displays the magnetic track as the visible number (177 in your case). The white upside down triangle pointing to 180 is your heading and the magenta dashed line will point to the heading selected on the MCP. Since you are using HDG SEL, the dashed magenta line and the white triangle are lined up together. Turn the HEADING dial to 210 right now and you will see the dashed magenta line change to the "21" on the compass rose, the aircraft will begin the turn to 210, and the white triangle and the dashed magenta line will be in alignment again once the turn is completed. If you were in LNAV mode, the white triangle would be showing the heading commanded by the FMC while the dashed magenta line would be pointing at whatever heading was selected in the HDG window on the MCP.Check it out- Mike Smith

I also un installed the 737 package useing your uninstall remover. Removed all PMDG left over files. Re downloaded the SU2 update and reinstalled the SU2 version. Now the auto pilot won't engage. When I press cmd A, all I get is a disconnect sound and a momentary illumination of the button. I'm going crazy here.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Ok Bill,I just completed the KLAS-KSEA flight (I love 4X cruise ;) ) and I couldn't reproduce this problem in the slightest. The ONLY thing I noticed was a slight error in tracking the magenta line between YERIN and BTG which is due to the way the NG draws long legs (that was was like 400+ nm) vs. how the FMC commands the autopilot - the FMC uses great circle calculations and the ND does not (I believe they're going to try to do it for the 800/900 though). What I saw here however was not a heading related problem like yours, but rather the plane paralleling the course track by about 2nm. Absolutely nothing like that pic you posted. FSNav and the NG's headings were always within 3 degrees of each other during the flight.I'm convinced that this could be a combination of a few possible things going on:a. Different navdata sets between your addons - go to www.navdata.at and make sure you have the latest 312 AIRAC set for both FSNav and the NG. Be sure to recreate the FSNav database from the Start Menu after loading in the new data. Get the FSBuild 312 data from www.fsbuild.comb. I think part of the problem too is that you need to be flying the NG correctly and allowing its autopilot to do all the great things it does, like anticipate the turns etc. This stuff doesn't happen using HDG SEL and VS. You need to learn how to use LNAV and VNAV. You'll never see a real NG pilot using HDG SEL to fly the enroute portion of the flight. Unfortunately FS's default aircraft have yet to come anywhere close to the realism offered in products like the NG and people develop bad habits like using HDG and VS to fly modern airliner flights! ;)Here's the step by step method I used to conduct this flight - see if you get the same results I did by following these steps. Note that I did not use FS ATC for this because I wanted to fly the SID out of KLAS correctly without it vectoring me off course. I also loaded the clear skies weather theme to rule out any wind shift related problems.1. Create the flight plan in FSBuild - it should be KLAS.IDALE2.BIKKR..OAL..YERIN..BTG.OLM4.KSEA (note that the OLM4 STAR is now the OLM5 in real life and in the NG's FMC). Export the flightplan to FSNav and FS2002/2004. Don't worry about exporting it to the NG, because we're going to enter it in very easily using the DEP/ARR and RTE pages on the FMC.2. Start FS, go to create flight, choose the 700, load fuel 100% in both wings and 30% in the center. Go to the flight planner and load the KLAS-KSEA file generated by FSBuild. Launch the sim.3. When the sim loads, you should find yourself on runway 25R at KLAS - clear the warnings at the top left of the panel and open up the FMC window. Press FMC and enter in KLAS on the position page. Press the bottom right key (LSK 6R) to move on to the next page and get your origin and destination entered in.4. Now, press the DEP/ARR button. Select KLAS DEPARTURES, which will show you the availiable runways and SIDs - select Runway 25R on the right side, and then select the IDALE2 departure on the left, followed by the BIKKR transition, which will appear below it.5. Now press the RTE button, then press NEXT PAGE so you're on page 2. You should see two columns here, VIA and TO and the first row should have IDALE2 and BIKKR in it. Enter OAL into the scratchpad and select it into the TO column below BIKKR - you should now see DIRECT and OAL in the second row. Now do the same thing with YERIN and BTG. After both of those are entered in, press DEP/ARR again, and this time select KSEA ARRIVALS. Select the OLM5 and then the BTG transition that will appear below it. Select the DILS34L approach on the right side and do not select the transition that appears. Go back to the RTE page now and press the bottom right line select key to ACTIVATE the route. You should now see the magenta line on the ND etc...6. Continue on now to the PERF INIT page - enter 110 for the ZFW, 5 for reserves, and 35 for the COST INDEX. Enter your cruise altitude, 310 in the upper right slot.7. Leave the N1 page as is and continue to the takeoff page. Enter flaps 1, and then press the three V speeds to generate and transfer them to the PFD speed tape.Ok that's the end of the FMC setup - now we need to set up the mode control panel (MCP) on the glare shield.8. Set the altitude knob to 31000, HDG to the runway heading, and set the SPD knob to what the FMC calculated as your V2 speed on the takeoff page (I believe it was 141 for me, but put in exactly what the FMC generated). Turn the autothrottle and flight director switches to ON.9. Open up the "T" throttle window and lower the flaps to 1, and set the elevator trim to a little past 5.Ok your plane is ready to go.Press F9 to open FSNav - load the KLAS-KSEA file that FSBuild made and get its FMS mode open - set it up as you do with M1 and Fly Flightplan on.Takeoff - advance the throttles slowly to about 60 or 70% N1 and then press the TOGA button (it's a hidden clickspot on the top left screw of the MCP). Rotate at VR and control your pitch to hold the speed that's being commanded by the flight director. Watch the radio altimeter on the PFD. When it hits 400, press CMD A on the MCP and then press LNAV and VNAV. The NG's autopilot will begin to follow the magenta route. When your airspeed rises to the new speed set when you pressed VNAV, retract the flaps to fully up and the plane will accelerate to 250. As you fly the route, FSNav will still beep at you etc, but the point here is that the NG is flying the route using its advanced LNAV mode, rather than you manually doing it with HDG SEL. LNAV automatically accounts for wind, anticipates turns etc. This is the lateral mode you want to be in for most of the flight.Monitor your FSnav map and FMS windows - when I did this, the headings matched almost perfectly and the plane followed the black line in FSNav to within a half mile.If this method doesn't work for you, then I'd say there's somethign wrong with your FSNav installation or your FS installation itself. I'd uninstall everything, delete the folders left over and then reinstall it all from scratch - FS, FSNav, NG, latest FSUPIC...Hope this helps!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Dude I don't mean any disrespect, But I know how to fly the plane using the FMC. And the fltplan you just flew without problems, I could have done that too. You're not listening, fly my exact plans using ATC or Radar contact ATC (if you have it). I then let me know if the AC tracks correctly according to the flt plan not the FMC. From mr previous I did re install the 737 now Autopilot won't work. I am so sorry I installed this version before making sure it was right before uninstalling previous version.Bill M

Bill McIntyre